Menu
GingerNinja65
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Busy Signal On Home Phone

Hello there - first time poster here, so I really hope someone can help me.

I'm having problems with my landline phone. It was working fine yesterday, but now there's no dial tone at all. When I tried to call it on my mobile, it came up with "busy signal."

I cannot make or receive calls, and I'm now really stuck on what to do next. I've tried the online fault test on the Service Status page, and it's saying the results are inconclusive. Also, there are no known faults in my area.

I've unplugged the phone from its extension and tried it in the main wall socket, but still have the same issue - no dial tone, just this busy signal that I cannot clear.

I know there are storms in the UK today, and I've noticed others posts on this forum reporting landline phone issues. Is anyone having the same problem that I am?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Ann

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Busy Signal On Home Phone

Good Morning GingerNinja65,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having an issue with your landline phone. 

How's the service looking currently? Have you been able to get a dial tone since your post on Thursday?

If you're still struggling can you please try removing all pieces of equipment from the phone line, except the landline from the master socket to see if this will give you a dial tone on the landline phone?

Kindest regards

David_Bn

GingerNinja65
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello David, and thank you for replying.

Happy to say that my landline service is now back to normal, so all resolved.

One of my work colleagues had the same problem with her phone at around the same time - she has a different provider. Apparently, the reason her provider gave was the launch of the new NHS tracing app caused some networks to become overloaded and crash.

Not sure if this affected Virgin too, but just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks again for the reply!  😀

Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi GingerNinja65,

Thank you for taking the time to update us and for the tip about the NHS tacing app. It will surely help us and other members on here when we're running diagnostics.

If you have anymore problems, please let us know 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos