cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book engineer for installation

Roxjoewatson
Joining in

Hi there,

We've just received our VM hub5 and unable to install ourselves due to no VM wall socket.

How do we go about booking an engineer for the required installation?

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for confirming these details! I have now booked in a manned installation appointment for you in the first available slot. 

This will be Wednesday Morning between 8am-12noon. You should be able to view and manage the appointment yourself via your My VM account 👉  virg.in/myVM if needed, but please get in touch to let us know if you are unable to and need us to reschedule the appointment for you!

I hope the appointment goes well and gets you installed and set up nicely! Please do let us know if there is anything else you need our help with. 

I will return to the public thread to update it accordingly. Thank you for your patience whilst we get this sorted! 

Wishing you all the best 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Roxjoewatson wrote:

Hi there,

We've just received our VM hub5 and unable to install ourselves due to no VM wall socket.

How do we go about booking an engineer for the required installation?

Many thanks 

Call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

Have you checked to make sure there is no other kind of connection? Sometimes there is no wall box, just a trailing cable. The cable could be hidden within, or behind, furniture. Occasionally only a very short stub of wire is left behind often hidden within a blanked-off fitting. The wall box may be branded with the logos of an old cable TV company (not VM). Past occupiers of your property may have removed the cable and sometimes they are removed by other installers, such as satellite TV techs.

If you have a plastic omnibox outside on the wall (where the VM cable comes in from the street) see if you can trace any wires from that into your home.

If no luck, call the number above for a tech installation.

Hi there and thanks for your reply!

We were with talktalk before switching, we have looked around the flat and unable to source said port. We haven't looked outside for the omnibox.

We have 2 different sockets around the front room but unfortunately the new cable doesn't fit into it.

Am I able to book an engineer tomorrow (Sunday) or wait til Monday?

Many thanks again 

@Roxjoewatson wrote:

Hi there and thanks for your reply!

We were with talktalk before switching, we have looked around the flat and unable to source said port. We haven't looked outside for the omnibox.

We have 2 different sockets around the front room but unfortunately the new cable doesn't fit into it.

Am I able to book an engineer tomorrow (Sunday) or wait til Monday?

Many thanks again 

You can call at the weekend. Contact times for the pre-install team here in this post from one of the forum VIPs

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Hub-5-Quickstart-blue-light-flashing-hard...

If you want any further advice on the sockets you do have available (by way of a double check), post up a photo of them. The new VM cables are pushfit onto the older style threaded coaxial connectors.

Message #3 here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Isolater/td-p/5232647

has an example of a new-style VM wall box with a threaded connector on. Sometimes the cable may exit the bottom of the box. The branding on the box may also be one of the old cable TV companies.

Hi Roxjoewatson 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your Quickstart installation! It does sound like you will need a manned installation. There is a handy guide here 👉 Virgin-TV-V6-QuickStart-Guide-for-New-Customers.pdf (virginmedia.com) that outlines the steps for Quickstart installation, including pictures of the sockets needed!

We are open over the weekend for you to call by phone! However we can also help get this booked in for you via the forum. If you ever need to speak to us urgently or by phone you can call us on📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline. Text us 📲 on +44753 305 1809, and WhatsApp us on +447305 327 112 .
I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer support getting this booked in for you! You will find this in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩

Thank you for your patience in the meantime, all the best. 🌞

Molly

Thank you for confirming these details! I have now booked in a manned installation appointment for you in the first available slot. 

This will be Wednesday Morning between 8am-12noon. You should be able to view and manage the appointment yourself via your My VM account 👉  virg.in/myVM if needed, but please get in touch to let us know if you are unable to and need us to reschedule the appointment for you!

I hope the appointment goes well and gets you installed and set up nicely! Please do let us know if there is anything else you need our help with. 

I will return to the public thread to update it accordingly. Thank you for your patience whilst we get this sorted! 

Wishing you all the best 🌞

Molly