Menu
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Area 22 (Harrogate) dead landline. Service Status no issues. Status test OK

Landline phone was working fine last night but since this morning the landline is dead.
The service status says no known issues. After running a phone status test it says OK.

Also tested with 'plain wired phone' plugged directly into master socket, all other cabling disconnected.

Anyone else in area 22 having dead landline problems?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 22 dead landline. Service Status no issues. Status test OK

Hi Pentala,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the phone line issue. I've ran a check today and no issues are showing. Is everything now sorted? If not, please let me know and can run further tests.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

We've just checked the line again and still completely dead. However, we have noticed that Voice Mail has now been reinstated? When we tested yesterday we found that you got the message to say that the person was currently not able to take the call, after around 1:30 of ring tone...

Note that the dead line is not the one associated with this account but another Virgin line. I can PM details of the line/account if required.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for coming back to me. Fire me over a PM with the details and I'll assist further 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me, engineer visited on Monday PM(?) and found that the line had been disconnected in the street cab by 'somebody'...

How do we go about getting a service credit please?

Andrew
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Pentala. If your service was down for more than 48 hours after you reported the fault to us, you will be automatically compensated for the loss of service on your next bill.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos