Menu
Colin173
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Anonymous call rejection

Hi does any one know the code to turn off anonymous call rejection please I know it’s using stars and hashes and some numbers but I can’t find the information anywhere
0 Kudos
Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anonymous call rejection

Hi Colin173,

Thanks for posting.

I have added our phone user guide here which will show you all the features and how to use them.

If you have any further queries please let me know.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dogdobbin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I would like to switch of anonymous call rejection too. The leaflet you posted does not explain how to turn it off. 

0 Kudos
Colin173
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

#227#
*227# I think one turns it on one turns it off
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi dogdobbin, 

Cheers for your question 🙂 If you wish to remove this feature completely from your landline and your account please do call us on 150/03454541111 and we can take this off. 

If a friend needs to call YOU from their withheld number they will need to call 1470 before dialling your number. 

You can read more about all of our Call Features using this link to our user guide 🙂 

virg.in/userguide

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Katie

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
theoklink
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

So this is a subscription service for which a subscriber would have to pay. So I incur costs because I receive nuisance calls where the number is withheld. To be honest, this should be a free service AND the telephone providers should be far more proactive in blocking these scammers. Surely, based upon the complaints they will receive,  they are able to tell where those calls originate.and block them at source. Currently receiving many calls telling me my ip has been compromised and needs to be replaced. "Press one to speak to an operator" which of course you should NOT do. If you did, It may well be that you get connected to some expensive number abroad.

Roo5
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Colin 173. You’re absolutely right!
It’s *227# to switch on and #227# to switch off. This is not stated in any Virgin instructions.
Cheers
0 Kudos
theoklink
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anonymous call rejection and harrassing calls

03335565835 keeps calling, several times a day, every day. Looking it up on "who called me" shows over 80,000 YES  OVER 80,000!! have looked this number up. Surely Virgin is aware of this number harassing their customers. 

and before you ask Yes, I have done all the necessary things, TPS etc 

Why can Virgin not be proactive and shut this down?

Here is the number again 03335565835 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@theoklink wrote:

03335565835 keeps calling, several times a day, every day. Looking it up on "who called me" shows over 80,000 YES  OVER 80,000!! have looked this number up. Surely Virgin is aware of this number harassing their customers. 

Virgin, nor any other telecom provider can "shut a number down". Their job is to carry calls, not police the traffic on them. OFCOM can shut numbers down, but only if they are genuinely attached to a user & that user is breaking the law. If they are "spoofed" or fake numbers they could originate from anywhere.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/nuisance-calls-and-m...

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@theoklink wrote:

That number belongs to Lowell a debt collection agency. Either you owe money to someone or someone has given your number out to the crediter.

0 Kudos