cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter to connect landline phone to new hub 3 I received today.

preep
On our wavelength

I need an adapter to connect landline phone to new hub 3 I received today. Phone was connected to wall socket however I was forced to have a new hub which I didn't want because they said no longer support this type of phone connection in my area and must have phone plugged in to the router. There wasn't one supplied in the box. Is there a quick way to request an adapter from Virgin without phoning customer services? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for passing security preep

I have made the Service and Install manager aware of your situation 

We will be dropping off or posting an adapter through your letter box either tomorrow or Monday at the very latest 

Can you please let me know once you receive this and if you have any issues after wards 

You may need to unplug The Hub for a minute after you have plugged adapter and phone in 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

83 REPLIES 83

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Does your phone still work in the wall socket ?

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Mike - thanks for a quick response. No it doesn't. I haven't had a working phone since July 2019 but that's another story.

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi

No problems I had to check as if you were the system hadnt been swap but it has, so you will need one, you can either call in on 150 or wait for a VM staff member to pick up post.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks...I'll wait.....really don't want to phone them again. I've already spent 3 hours of my time on 2 phone calls to CS regarding problems with the landline. I didn't want to be swapped over and didn't want a new hub either.

Hi preep,
Sorry to hear this has happened. 
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for passing security preep

I have made the Service and Install manager aware of your situation 

We will be dropping off or posting an adapter through your letter box either tomorrow or Monday at the very latest 

Can you please let me know once you receive this and if you have any issues after wards 

You may need to unplug The Hub for a minute after you have plugged adapter and phone in 

Gareth_L

preep
On our wavelength

Hi Gareth - I received the adapter on Saturday morning. It was hand delivered and very much appreciated. I have yet to connect the phone. Will probably try on Monday afternoon.

Regards Christine

preep
On our wavelength
Thanks again for the adapter....phone now up and running 👍

I have the same issue, I have the Hub 3.0 and on the phone I have a dial tone but it doesn't ring, tried 3 different handsets. Am disappointed that the engineer didn't check this at the time of installation. From all the posts about this it appears to be a common issue. Can someone from VM please advise how customers can get one of these, can be posted out. I'd buy one if I knew exactly what I needed!