cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1571 not letting me hear messages

ullrichburke
Tuning in

Dear Anyone.

So I've got a nearly full message folder.  Been a Virgin customer awhile but never used it before.  Discovered you had to dial 1571 to hear messages.  So I did and it told me to press 1 to hear the message.  Pressed 1 and it told me to press 1 to hear the message...... It's stuck in that loop.  I never actually get to hear any of the messages, it just forever tells me to press1 to hear the message!

How do I actually GET to hear the messages!?!

Yours puzzledly

Chris.

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ullrichburke

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your voicemail at this time. If this is the first time you have used your voicemail, you'll need to listen to the whole automated message. Once you have listen to the whole message, it should be set up and active then allow you to access any voicemails or available options. You can see this information here under Voicemail > Using voicemail for the first time. 

Let me know if you're still having any issues after this check. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Dear All. 

I have listened to the message the whole way through, all the part about 1 to listen, 2 to sve, 3 to delete and all the rest of it.  Then I press 1 to listen, there's a brief pause and it goes straight back to the start of the message loop - 1 to listen and all the rest of it.

I never actually get to hear the messages, which is WHY my IN-box is full - I want to actually HEAR my messages!

Why isn't the system playing them back to me?

Yours puzzledly

Chris.

Hello ullrichburke, 

Thanks for your reply 

We can look at removing and re adding 1571 to your line. 

This will remove all current messages though.  

Let me know if you wish to go ahead?

That way I can pass security by Private Message and get this organised.

Gareth_L

Dear Gareth et al.

Can't you save the messages, THEN remove and re-add 1571, THEN re-add the messages, either in the SAVED folder or as new messages? As they're on a hard drive and therefore in a folder somewhere, surely it should be possible to copy the folder, restart my system then replace the restarted empty folder with the copied full folder?

Alternatively, as they're my messages anyway, couldn't you just let me download them as soundfiles?

Yours puzzledly

Chris.

Hi ullrichburke. 

Sadly we would not be able to save or download any messages.

Let me send you a private message, to see if we can find an alternative way to fix this with out removing the feature.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Dear Gareth.

As they're stored on a hard drive somewhere, presumably in a folder, what's stopping you from just making a copy of the folder, storing it somewhere else, restarting my 1571 feature and replacing its empty INBOX folder with the copy of the old INBOX folder with all its contents?  Sheesh, I copy/paste backup and restore folders all the time on my antique PC, surely you can't be saying it's beyond a company like Virgin to do the same thing?

Yours puzzledly

Chris.