cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0845 number unblocked

Elaineprentice
Tuning in

My parents are getting an emergency Alert system installed.  How can i tell if they have 0845 numbers blocked on their landline which would block the incoming call for help?

They cant remember if they requested the call block or not?

7 REPLIES 7

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Elaineprentice

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

0845 numbers wouldn't be automatically blocked, if you'd like to check if you have any call barring features set up you can dial *#34# on your handset and this will let you know (if any are set up)

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Elaineprentice wrote:

My parents are getting an emergency Alert system installed.  How can i tell if they have 0845 numbers blocked on their landline which would block the incoming call for help?

They cant remember if they requested the call block or not?

Are you referring to getting an incoming call from an 0845 number or their landline having to dial out to an 0845 number?

VM doesn't do incoming blocking of specific numbers. The only thing they offer is 'anonymous call rejection' (ACR) which blocks any/all 'withheld' numbers. You can test if that is in place by withholding your number and dialling in to their landline to see if you can get through.

Do they have a telephone or call blocker that allows black/whitelisting of specific numbers coming in? If the alert system contacts a call centre who rings the landline back, then you would need to whitelist/permit that call centre number as an incoming call on the phone/call blocker.

VM offer outgoing call barring for certain types of numbers as mentioned at #2 but am not sure how granular that is to specifically block 0845.

Thank u , tried to dial this into the landline but it says “number you are dialling cant be connected

Hi @Elaineprentice

Thanks for the reply!

The telephone system should be fine, anonymous caller rejection would stop incoming calls from withheld numbers but for the 0845 numbers - this should be fine.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi @Elaineprentice

Thanks for the reply!

The telephone system should be fine, anonymous caller rejection would stop incoming calls from withheld numbers but for the 0845 numbers - this should be fine.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Thank you much appreciated 

Happy to help @Elaineprentice! If you have any further questions please do pop back 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena