Menu
Catchers
On our wavelength
Message 201 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Re: packet loss

Right now everything is working for me too!!

0 Kudos
holtend4life
On our wavelength
Message 202 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Someone put 20p In the meter finally, it seems.

Highlighted
samuarl
On our wavelength
Message 203 of 242
Flag for a moderator

@andf wrote:

It is common in the IT world to have a change window late at night

It's also common not to make changes during the festive period Smiley Tongue. High impact to customers during peak season and everyone required to fix if it goes wrong is on holiday.

Yes, I also have zero packet loss since 2pm, fingers crossed. Wouldn't that be a shocker, a massive area issue that lasted over three weeks, barely acknowledged and fixed before a fault reference number could ever be raised. I wonder if it has anything to do with this:

Loss of Service Credit Guidelines - Fibre Optic
  • Where you experience a loss of service due to a fault, we will apply a pro-rate credit for loss of service from the day you report the fault(s) on the product(s) until the day it is resolved, subject to the fault being accepted/verified by Virgin Media.

Hmmmmmm :thinking:

0 Kudos
holtend4life
On our wavelength
Message 204 of 242
Flag for a moderator

No way!......I mean, they wouldn’t would they?...... 😉

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 205 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Dare to dream

0 Kudos
KJDM
Tuning in
Message 206 of 242
Flag for a moderator

just tried a game on overwatch, slightly improved, but still rubber-banding

coincidentally the engineer came today and said they were trying to replace all the chips in the head end for area 15, since this is a know issue. He said minimum would be another 2 weeks, maybe longer... don't get your hopes up 

0 Kudos
KJDM
Tuning in
Message 207 of 242
Flag for a moderator

@Jay429 wrote:

they gave me credit up until today, now refuse to credit me any more.and told me my issue was i was a high user,and i should upgrade to faster speeds!
Fcking bunch of a crooks!

I'm on Vivid350, so they lied to you. You can game online easily on 10mbs, if the line is stable. I'm on 362mb dl 20 upload and cant even make a skype call without lag spikes or disconnects. I would complain again tbh, dont take that bs response

0 Kudos
andf
Dialled in
Message 208 of 242
Flag for a moderator

@samuarl wrote:

@andf wrote:

It is common in the IT world to have a change window late at night

It's also common not to make changes during the festive period Smiley Tongue. High impact to customers during peak season and everyone required to fix if it goes wrong is on holiday.

Absolutely true... A change freeze at the end of the year should be the standard behaviour 🙂

It is also smart avoid acknowledging a fault, so they don't have to pay! 

Hold on, maybe smart is not  the only adjective to used... Crooked too?

0 Kudos
stanlee
Tuning in
Message 209 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Sheffield area 14, speeds dropped to 45 out of 200, pings at 175ms, packet loss 25 to 75 percent. Not a isolated issue online friends up and down the country report same stats. 

0 Kudos
SonnyS92
Tuning in
Message 210 of 242
Flag for a moderator

My packet loss too stopped about 2pm let hope it stays that way.

Been on the phone to see if there anything I can get for it but no luck. Apparently no fault is there she still offered to send a engineer around for tomorrow morning.

Apparently nothing is wrong or been wrong with it so even if it lasted 30 days you wont be able to leave because there is 'no problem' reported. ( I know some were hoping to get out after 30 days).

There was even a charge added to my bill well two. £5 for gadget rescue which i never let do anything I hung up on before anything was change, even they they do a no fix no charge service.

And also last week they sent me a router because apparently mine was faulty, problem still persisted when changed. my bill says other items and charges £20 Virgin Media Hub 3.0 Fault. Hope it doesn't come out next month I am already paying £37 just for vivid 100, something they are offering for £27

0 Kudos