cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high ping and packet loss

Mosesluke23
Joining in

past couple of weeks been experiencing bad connection while watching streams but didnt really think much of it as it wasnt affecting my gaming, the past couple of days ive been experiencing really bad latency and packet loss which has never been an issue before. contacted virgin and they said that they cant see anything wrong with my line i run speed tests and they come back normal 270mbps down and 25mbps up but when in game im experiencing packet loss of up to 20% and spikes to 700 ping+

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Usual request, post your power levels and network log. Also setup a BQM and post the link for comment, thanks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mosesluke23 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues with the broadband, as a gamer myself I appreciate the inconvenience caused. 

You do from a system check need a tech visit, this is because the attentuation levels on the upstream channels are out of spec.

I will send you a PM now to book this in.

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill