Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one Connection Drop out

The new cable might be making the difference, only time will tell.  Let us know how it goes.🤞

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So a week or so on and the unplayable Xbox is playable again. Had several game now with no issues what’s so ever until yesterday when I had one drop out and today another. 
they could have been hosts turning off games as I tried to reconnect and the people I was playing with were no-longer online...although it is possible to set your status as offline even when you’re online...to have 3 people in the same party all showing the same is unusual from my experience.

It’s def much more stable regardless so if you’re reading this and looking for answers and your on a wired connection - check your cable! Mine looked like new but the change has somehow improved the situation no end!

the testing continue

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Broaders9 wrote:

It’s def much more stable regardless so if you’re reading this and looking for answers and your on a wired connection - check your cable! Mine looked like new but the change has somehow improved the situation no end!

Some Ethernet cables can be quite fragile and damage isn't always obvious on the outside.

Glad to hear things are still going well and long may it continue.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos