Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox Living Notification & Invites not working

Hi,

We have an issue with an issue with XBOX game invites, where we cannot receive them.

I have tried everything I can think of, spent over 8 hours over three nights on web-chat with Microsoft. Even purchased a new XBOX !!

On the Virgin side, I have tried opening all the required ports, and have now set the Xbox IP address in the DMZ on the router, so I think everything should be open. The Xbox says the NAT is open.

We thought it might have been the age of the Xbox at first, so have purchased a new one. Still the same.

Today my son has swapped account details with a friend, and his account on a non-virgin connection gets invites straight away. and similarly, his friends account on our connection no longer receives them. 

It has to be an issue with Virgin blocking the port, between their equipment and our router. Tech support have said they can only check the router is working and nothing further (Not helpful)

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions please

thanks

Bruce

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox Living Notification & Invites not working

With everything going on at the moment all internet has been slowed to make sure the nhs and other services have priority for emergency reasons. This will eventually go back to normal once this covid blows over. I'm having the same issues

Hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

It just doesn't make sense why a reduction in speed means data on a particular port is not being delivered. Speed is not the issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Could be an IP issue.

Stick HUB into modem mode, connect JUST the xbox to the ethernet port next to the coax and reboot HUB.

TEST

Come back to us.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos