Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Xbox Live Hub 3.0 -

Hi All,

I cannot get voice chat working on Xbox. The problem s 2 years old! It worked when I was with Sky and stopped on the switch to Virgin.  It hasn't been an issue but now my son is looking to use chat for Xbox lIve fortnite etc.  I have read the previous posts and other forums but can't solve.

I have the Xbox wired to Hub 3.0  

I set up astatic IP address and port forwarding for all the required ports except 53 as the router will block this when I try.

Any Advice? Do I need a new HUB or is it an ongoing issue with xbox and Virgin?

Thanks in advance,

G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox Live Hub 3.0 -

Make sure uPNP is enabled on the SH3.

Or go modem mode, and get yourself a router.

I game on PC wired, PS4 Pro 5GHz Wifi, with out any issues.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank ou for the response

uPNP is enabled - no luck - will try router, shambles that I have though 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

set your pc with google servers on your xbox one that will sort out the xbox live chat to open virgin media routers can't be changed with this it was high on party thing and can't make xbox live chat if you don't go in your xbox setting and change 2 of them to google ip then it should work

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You could put the Xbox on DMZ mode to bypass filtering

PC Spec: i7-9700k with Corsair H150i pro AIO, MSI Seahawk gtx1080ti with AIO, Asrock Phantom 4 mobo, 32gb DDR4-3000mhz, Seasonic Focus Gold 750w PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, Acer X34 100hz Gsync Ultrawide monitor, 20TB storage, D7000 Nighthawk router, Virgin SH3 on 350m package.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm having same issues for past 14 months and cannot get in game chat or party to work. Shows I'm connected to mic as icon is there on home page, top right, but my friends can't hear me and I can only hear them through TV. Done every troubleshooting with Xbox and nothing works. Was fine for years then BOOM.....just stops working. 

0 Kudos