Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

World of warcraft disconnects

For the past few weeks now i've been having an issue (Not just world of warcraft(Wow) But watching twitch streams too) Where my internet connection to pc will just disconnect, i still have connection on consoles / phones but my pc will lose connection this only happens with world of warcraft and twitch. Any ideas on a solution ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: World of warcraft disconnects

Hmm this could be tricky to diagnose. If your gaming consoles are not affected then we should be able to rule out Internet issues overall. 

How are your consoles connected, via Wifi or Ethernet? How does your pc connect?

When your pc loses connection have you noticed what IP address is obtained? If you're hard wired replacing the Ethernet cable would be my first advice. But really I'd like to know more about your setup and then take things from there 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Everything is connected via cable , phones are only wireless connections to hub .

The game isn't the only thing that happens to have disconnect issues, when watching twitch.tv the same thing also happens 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jaminski, 

Thanks for keeping in touch 🙂

It might be worth setting up a BQM so we can take a closer look at the performance of your network. 

Catch you again soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ok, if the issue crops up again i shall set it up , for now i've moved the cables around on the modem and reset it and that seems to of worked this time for a lot longer than normal , if the issues happen again then i shall set it up 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

issues.png

Okay so i have been having the issues again recently so i set up BQM .  1am~ and  2pm-3pm was frequent disconnects .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I used to get very frequent server disconnections from WoW when i used to play as well. 

My Connection is 99% of the time super stable etc but with WoW i would get a server disconnection at least once or twice an hour. I dont play anymore though so cant help with your tests but they never stopped even after jumping through the hoops blizzard support. 

BQM never showed anything for me, my connection to the internet was always fine, it just seemed to be some connection from virgin to blizzard servers. maybe a routing issue. The issue has been ongoing for years on the battle.net forums. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I've been getting the issue with a few other things too , TwitchTV being another one and occasionally youtube , WoW is the one that usually happens regularly or for long periods of time, then at the same time i can go days / weeks without any issues .

i know there had been issues in the past though with wow and virgin . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

spike  dc.png

And here is some more d.c's general internet lag spiking 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Does it say "No internet access" with a yellow triangle when it disconnects?

0 Kudos