Menu
zom
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WoT - 'Disconnected from the Server'

Whenever I try to connect to the game, World of Tanks, I get the message : 'You have been disconnected from the server'. https://gyazo.com/75ad64bc22103baf0613351186ccbaaf

Because of this, I have never actually been able to play the game.

I contacted WoT support, and they told me to contact my ISP. Here is the last message that they sent me: 

Spoiler

Hi z0m,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming support!

We appreciate your effort in contacting us regarding your concern with the ping plotter that you sent.  We have intensively checked the report that you have provided us and found that there is an issue with the connection.  Please see image below:

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this issue has caused you. Please try to follow the steps provided  in order to see if this will fix the issue: 

• Go to your antivirus and firewall’s quarantined program list and if Wo###Launcher.exe is listed in there, please set it to allow.

• Place WO###Launcher.exe and WorldOf###.exe in the trusted programs list of your antivirus and firewall, so the game is allowed to run.

• If your anti-virus software deleted the *.exe game file/s, you will have to completely delete the rest of the game files from your Computer and download the game again from our EU game portal.

• In addition, once the game was reinstalled, please check again that both files: Wo###Launcher.exe and WorldOf###.exe are placed in the Trusted programs list of your Antivirus and Firewall.

For additional information, please refer to this article:  Ping? Packet loss? Can I get some explanations?

If none of the steps provided did not work, it is best that you contact your internet provider regarding this issue as this is connection related.

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us again or visit World of Tanks PLAYER SUPPORT - FAQ.

I have disabled my antivirus and firewall and it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

-zom

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: WoT - 'Disconnected from the Server'

Hello zom, welcome to our forum and thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear you're having service issues when gaming. 

How long has this been happening for? Has World of Tanks worked ok for you before?  Are you set up wired or wireless for gaming?

Is your broadband working ok for everything else. 

Thank you. 

Jen Y

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
zom
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply,

I have never been able to get on the game before, and am playing using a wired connection. The broadband works perfectly for everything else except for WoT.

Many thanks,

-zom

0 Kudos
zom
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It has been over two weeks since the last reply, so I was wondering if there had been any advances in the problem. I got another email saying there was a reply, however when I looked, there was none.

Many thanks,

-zom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you test by popping your HUB into modem mode and connecting the PC directly?

This will sound bizarre but I dont think that will help in this case, but it WILL narrow down the options.

It looks like a firewall problem with the WOT .exe, but lets get some metrics sorted first.

Also, let me know which HUB you are using

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
zom
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Using modem mode did not help, I still get the same error message. I am currently using a SuperHub 2, and even when I fully disable my antivirus and Windows firewall, the game will still not work.

Many thanks,

-zom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello zom,

I am going to send you a private message, If you can reply to that I can look into this for you.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you been through the steps

HERE

?

Your ping trace is hitting their servers fine so thats routing, firewall and AV off the list, next best guess is you are missing some of the dependencies mentioned in that link.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
zom
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All of the prerequisites on the page are installed, and it still will not connect. After seeing that page, maybe the problem is that the game and the prequisites are not installed on the same drive, as I am using both a HDD and an SSD.

Many thanks,

-zom

0 Kudos