Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Will this ever be looked into or fixed?

I'm not going to post further evidence to what all the other threads have clearly shown...

Gaming is impossible to enjoy from 9:30am all the way till about 11:30/12 midnight. I've been staying up past 12 midnight  to 5am so i can enjoy a a non rubber banding online game. Has anyone found a way to bypass VM's terrible service for a stable online gaming experience that doesn't rubber band during the hours I've posted? I'm on 350mbps package.

browsing is not a problem and the speed test shows what i'm paying for. However the only reason I ever subscribed was for the online gaming and that is unsatisfactory. Can anyone here confirm an ISP that will not have this issue while gaming? I'm looking to change asap. I've read about it having to do with the hub 3. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will this ever be looked into or fixed?

There is no guarantee that this issue won't occur, it sounds like your area is over subscribed and during peak hours, which due to covid is currently all day, you'll notice that your connection will degrade due to there being too many people online, over subscription can be fixed but it takes an investment and resources, currently resources aren't going to be available to perform an upgrade, you could try switching to an ADSL provider, as they provide lower speeds they generally don't suffer as much from over subscription, but as mentioned the trade-off there will be slower speeds, you would have slightly lower latency but its not likely to be massive enough that the majority of people would even notice, considering we are talking literally thousandths of a second here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'll look into it thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hear this so much.  Wrong! Ping between 10/20 expected range. Average gaming ping 20/50ms server dependant. Ur ping hit 20 to 60 in a second you band not much. Variation unstable. When it gets messed from lowest ping spike shooting anywhere 150 up game over. Only game i know is sensitive rocket league. Unstable ping upto 55ms variation is game over. I thought it was just this game thats pants nope call of duty another ping variation type if game copes 150ms max

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

His ping wont be a stable 100+ ms ping otherwise it will cope. Gaurantee is fluctuating 10/300ms within a blink of an eye