cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't you have an App on Xbox & Playstation

MattU1
Joining in

Sky, BT, Disney, HBO, Netflix all have an App on Xbox and Playstation why in 2021 don't you have one?

It makes no sense unless your trying to sell extra media boxes to be put in other areas of the household.

Could you tell me who's decision it was not to create this feature?

5 REPLIES 5

MattjVideos
Dialled in
there is virgin go but its up to microsoft and sony to put it on virgin can ask but thats all

FrankNorman
Joining in

Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) has announced cross-platform play for the first time.  It will start with an open beta beginning today for Fortnite (what else?), allowing “cross platform gameplay, progression and commerce” across PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Mac.

keasy
Superfast

VM aren't content creators. The apps you mentioned all create/fund content of their own. 

Maybe that's why.

I think the point the OP is getting at is VM have TV related apps on Android and iOS that let you view content you subscribe to, but not on Xbox or PlayStation, like the others mentioned.

It would be useful to have the VM apps on more than mobile devices, but it requires extra development and support, so as we still don't have these apps on Xbox and PlayStation, then I imagine we won't be getting them any time soon, of ever.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

skydev
Just joined

Sony and Microsoft are direct competitors in the game console business, and that means they operate entirely independent online ecosystems; Microsoft's is called Xbox Live, Sony's is called PlayStation Network. They're very similar services with very similar functionalities, but they're entirely siloed off from each other.

Crediblebh