Menu
Fizzbitt
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

And Emma,

To answer your questions,

I've got the super hub 2ac and I'm not using any other modem device
I've tried 5g/2.4g and even guest ones I setup
I've not got a router close enough to hard wire a connection
All other devices working correctly with no drops in connection
Xbox firmware is up to date

Everyone who seems to be affected have stated that this started to occur around Thursday. That can't be a coincidence and this has happened in the past about a year ago where virgin media eventually accepted that there was a problem.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 52 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

Hi Fizzbitt, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see we have made you feel this way.

I don't have any news on this at the moment. I am trying to gather information so we can see if there is a tend and if there is a trend what the trend is. 

As the people affected seem to be in different areas it is difficult for me to say at this moment what the issue may be. Once we have more information from people we should be able to piece the issue together and see what needs to be done to resolve it if it is coming from our side. 

I hope this clarifies why I am asking so many questions.

Thank you for your responses so far Smiley Happy

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fizzbitt
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 275
Flag for a moderator

This connection dropping is not the main reason I'm considering leaving.

I'm on a 100mb connection and on peak hours for the last 6 months I've been getting no more than about 5mb.

On going issue in my area which is not going to be solved till April now. That's goal post started at sept, then October, then Dec and now flipping April.

This Xbox issue is the straw that's broken my back.
0 Kudos
00nowak
Tuning in
Message 54 of 275
Flag for a moderator

I find it very strange that so many people have started encountering this problem since Thursday, clearly something has happened, and it's not just a coincidence. 

Like i said before, last time this happened was around a year ago, when I spent a week making calls to Virgin before they finally admitted it was their fault. Really can't be bothered going through all of that again. 

Like other people have said on here, it only ever seems to be Virgin that has this problem with Xbox live, no matter which forum you go to. 

stuey720
Joining in
Message 55 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes i have had the same problem here in the romford area have tried reboots on hub and xbox one to no avail,it keeps disconnecting on both channels, phoned virgin this morning they said broadband connection is fine.All other devices ipad phone laptop all working fine just xbox one problem since thursday????

Cloudlestat
Joining in
Message 56 of 275
Flag for a moderator

I'm exactly the same as Fizzbitt:

I've got the super hub 2ac and I'm not using any other modem device
I've tried 5g/2.4g and even guest ones I setup
I've not got a router close enough to hard wire a connection
All other devices working correctly with no drops in connection
Xbox firmware is up to date

This is occurring on both my 360 and xbox one which means I can't play a large number of my games at all (I'm playing Red Dead Redemption via backwards compatibility on the Xbox One, and it keep crashing out after it disconnects from xbox live, then asks to confirm that I indeed own the game). 

mj82
Tuning in
Message 57 of 275
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem 2 xbox ones one wired one wireless happening since Thursday - I'm in the Midlands - didn't have this issue until then
Icdouble
Tuning in
Message 58 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issues as everyone else. (Brighton) Started Thursday . Can't stay connected to ea servers for no longer than three minutes. Phoned EA and they ran checks and said the fault is with my internet supplier. Phoned virgin and they don't some tests and tried updating it from their end , but still get disconnected straight away!
I only have Internet to play Fifa . This is very frustrating. May have to switch providers!!
Highlighted
00nowak
Tuning in
Message 59 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Wow, the amount of people experiencing this since Thursday is ridiculous! Surely Virgin can now admit there's a serious fault happening on their end?

Icdouble
Tuning in
Message 60 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Just got off the phone to them. They are taking zero responsibility. Appalling customer service!