Menu
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 111 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very high latency, packet loss, and ping spikes throughout the day

Thanks for getting back to us @AlfieJPalmer

Please can you raise this with the attending technician?  If necessary they can flag this with the networks team.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta
Message 112 of 120
Flag for a moderator

@AlfieJPalmer Show the technician the BQM (you might need to explain, it some don't understand what it shows) and ask them exactly what sort of SNR fault disappears at night, then reappears when people wake up and start using their connection, gets worse through the day, is barely usable through the evening, then yet again evaporates around midnight in the style of Cinderella's magical coach.

Despite the repeated denials, it looks like over-utilisation, it walks like over-utilisation, and it quacks like over-utilisation.   And it's been going on now for years by the look of it.

0 Kudos
AlfieJPalmer
On our wavelength
Message 113 of 120
Flag for a moderator

I think the BQM speaks for itself:

lol.png

0 Kudos
AlfieJPalmer
On our wavelength
Message 114 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew,

Yeah I already know - don't worry. As you can see from the constant repetition from the forum it's the same old responses over and over. This is going to be the 9 or 10th technician in a year that's come to look at a "SNR" issue or some other fault (that wasn't a fault etc). There have been numerous faults fixed over the past year but hasn't amounted to any noticeable change at all. I'm aware it's over-utilisation, and going to keep replying until somebody actually does something or raises it higher up the chain to the relevant teams. I'm keeping a record of the duration and scapegoating as we go.

AlfieJPalmer
On our wavelength
Message 115 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

Could you please let me know when on the 18th (today) this "fault" is supposedly going to be looked into/fixed?

Regards,

Alfie J.

0 Kudos
AlfieJPalmer
On our wavelength
Message 116 of 120
Flag for a moderator

18th has come and passed - still no notifications or updates for the packet loss and noise on the line fix as you can see illustrated here:

19-01.png

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 117 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Hi @AlfieJPalmer

Thanks for the reply! Just to check, how has your service been over the past couple of days?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AlfieJPalmer
On our wavelength
Message 118 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Hi Travis,

Not great:

19th19th20th20th21st21st

0 Kudos
Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 119 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Hi @AlfieJPalmer.

I can see on the account that there is currently works ongoing in your area to resolve an SNR issue. The estimated end date is currently set at 28th JAN 2022 at 14:20. I would recommend rebooting after this time and posting your BQM after 24hrs and see if any improvements are noticeable to your connection. 

This is an estimated end date so the date can be extended if the fault has not been fix at our end. Let us know how you get on. Hopefully this will resolve your issues.  

Carley - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta
Message 120 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Groundhog Day, it would seem.