Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unstable connection

Hi, unable to keep a stable connection today, wired on the xbox one and wirelessly with the switch.

Had a similar problem 2 years ago and got nowhere with the call centre - the problem was eventually resolved when a neighbour complained and someone came out and reduced power in our local cabinet.

Coincidentally my other neighbour has recently got virgin media and for some reason I'm able to see his devices connected to my hub via ethernet.

Any advice? Call centre are just giving me a migraine.

cboy77_0-1590244656452.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable connection

Somethings gone wrong when they’ve spliced some cables somewhere it seems 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your router appears to have been hacked if they show on your router its no crossed wire it's theft....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you can;t tap a cable. all traffic is engcypted and even if they could its on the wrong side of the router so just another internet device.

Do you have powerlines atapter.?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I do have a mains adaptor that allows me to get a workable, if not great, wired connection upstairs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

unplug them and the problem goes away
if you haven't paired them or have ones that are not encrypted they can connect you to near by houses over the mains. you'll be connecting you and someone else as one network

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That has solved the issue. Full speed and stable connection again. Guess I now need to think about the wi fi speed upstairs again if I don't use the ethernet / mains kit.

0 Kudos