Menu
Camit26
Tuning in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to play games or watch online streams due to constant latency spikes

Hi I am having identical issues both on PlayStation 5 and my PC (both wired). It occurs on multiple games. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Camit26

Its a tricky one this as your hub is okay 

Power levels are looking good 

Its just when you use PS5 

Have you looked on PS5 forums for anyone lese having this issue 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndoKillz

I have had a remote look at your services.  Can I ask if the issues are impacting you on gaming only?  Is it during a wired or wireless connection?  I am sorry I ask because I cannot see any faults when looking at your hub etc from here.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
AndoKillz
Tuning in
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

I am on a wireless connection. This is not just happening when I am playing games. I have lost complete faith in playing games before midnight any more with how this has been behaving as of late. Now that I have decided to browse the internet and watch streams a little more, instead of playing games (as I am unable to), this has become more noticeable and I am truly shocked at just how horrible it has become.

Every 30 seconds or so (even less, at times) it feels as though the internet completely cuts out. Any streams I am watching sit and buffer and then crash (requiring a page refresh, which only lasts 30 seconds before it crashes again), any web pages that I am on cannot load images/thumbnails that should be there and that's if I'm lucky enough to even get on a webpage in the first place, before it cuts out again.

For videos that I am currently watching and it cuts out, I receive a black screen where the video player was with the text "Your browser encountered an error while decoding the video (Error #3000)" or else "Unable to connect to a network, please try again" (both of these are on Twitch, for example).

In the past 24 hours, I would say that the internet has acted as though it has cut out completely, close to 100 times (I wouldn't be surprised if this is more) when I have been on it.

I have reset the router on multiple occasions but it does nothing to help.

This is happening on multiple devices (we only have a few that are connected, and not all are active at once).

I know this is a big stretch, but there were workmen drilling lines directly outside of my home (1 foot from the driveway) approximately a month ago and they stated to the neighbours that it was for broadband (I wasn't talking to them myself), these issues have only started happening since then. As I said - this is probably unrelated but the timeframe of all this going wrong really does add up with that.

I dont mean to come off as rude during any of these replies or private messages, that is not my intention, but this is seriously the worst experience I have ever had in my life when it comes to being online - especially during a pandemic when I cannot yet leave my home, I rely on this stuff to keep me sane, as trivial as that may sound to some, this really is having a serious impact on my mental health and wellbeing.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos