Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 ruining online gaming

Sorry not trying to flood but these are rest of downstream channels I neglected to add...

6C1B291E-65F4-4B08-8B4C-FA50A87BF857.png

666DE000-9B41-42D2-B982-1942400C9E6E.png

7B3C9E7D-E49D-43E2-BE06-CBB382DCC960.png

8E4E6386-97D6-465A-9052-C4358436D6F7.png

5156CFC0-60D4-4355-A5CE-5A346AC46E36.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear about this Elusivebeaker,

I've located your details and everything appears to be within range from this end at the moment.

How have things been since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat

Things have at least been stable but I am back to square one on the gaming side of things, pretty terrible service I have to be honest for 350mbps

On the plus side it's only a twelve month contract so only ten months until I can get another ISP with something better than the superhub 3.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Virgin is good for downloading games, but playing games online not so much.

@Elusivebeaker wrote:

Hi Nat

Things have at least been stable but I am back to square one on the gaming side of things, pretty terrible service I have to be honest for 350mbps

On the plus side it's only a twelve month contract so only ten months until I can get another ISP with something better than the superhub 3.

Thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Modem Mode makes no difference with the Puma hardware issue in the SH3 and from what I've read, no amount of firmware updates will ever fix it, because it's a flaw in the hardware itself.

Our broadband is used a lot for gaming, so I never want a SH3 near our setup and I still can't believe this device was never recalled and is still being provided.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@mjpartyboy wrote:
Modem Mode makes no difference with the Puma hardware issue in the SH3 and from what I've read, no amount of firmware updates will ever fix it, because it's a flaw in the hardware itself.

I wish there was an official line on this. I've read some places it helps, others that it doesn't. One of my friends has a Netgear Nighthawk XR500 connected to his SH3 in Modem mode and no issues. Not sure if it's just the pricey router making up for it though?

I guess it's just like the firmware update. Seems to have worked wonders for some people but assuming my issues are with the SH, it's just as bad as ever.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@SnowfirE77 wrote:

Virgin is good for downloading games, but playing games online not so much.

@Elusivebeaker wrote:

Hi Nat

Thanks

I'm in modem modem and online gaming has been perfectly fine, I play BF1 mostly and not had any issues for months playing that. Do understand some have issues but for me that puma chipset issue or whatever it is has not effected me in the slightest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I'm in modem mode using a Asus RT-AC68U gaming router and virgin is still crap, my internet is down AGAIN. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I swapped ps for Xbox the same time I swapped to sky and game play was awful so I came back to virgin and still awful so went back to PS4 and gameplay back to normal .if you have a superhub 3 it works better and WiFi as the eithernet ports are known for latency problems since launch virgin admitted the screwed up with the hub 3 ..got to wait till hubs 4 comes out with the 1g service xx

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

IV had the same problem , tryed modem only doesn't work , as soon as modem mode is on or plug something into either ports you link speed drops from 844 Mbps to 585 and it laggs like a **bleep** , 5ghz laggs to last night I ignored the 350 Mbps your supposed to get and used 2.4ghz for call of duty even tho my speed was cut in half and in half again I was able to play you still notice a delay on the odd player but was better , VM should look to full speed on 2.4ghz and not 5ghz as 5 GHz only fit for downloading

0 Kudos