Menu
rp1608
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Streaming lagging other users on 100mb internet

When my son streams it causes 200 ping and lag for other users of the internet when they are gaming.  I know it's QOS issue, any ideas on solving this and why do they give us crap upload speeds.  It's the same when uploading youtube videos, it causes lag.

Thanks

0 Kudos
rp1608
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming lagging other users on 100mb internet

Actually the upload speed is about 4.5mb at best, I always thought it should be 10% of download.  Is 4.5mb upload right for 100mb internet?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
StormW4tch3r
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You should be getting around 6Mbps on 100Mbps package.

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On the 100mbps package streaming isn't going to leave much, if any, room in the upstream bandwidth for much else to happen, you could try turning down the streaming configuration to a lower bitrate but the encoding quality will suffer quite badly unless the resolution is also lowered.

The easiest option to alleviate this issue would be to upgrade to VIVID200 which would double your upload speed.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@rp1608 wrote:

When my son streams it causes 200 ping and lag for other users of the internet when they are gaming.  I know it's QOS issue, any ideas on solving this and why do they give us crap upload speeds.  It's the same when uploading youtube videos, it causes lag.

I think you know the answer to your question - it's to persuade you to upgrade to a more expensive service. Smiley Wink

With several users on line together there will always be contention between you, sharing that 6Mb/s uplink. And those connected by WiFi will lose some speed due to signalling overheads.

0 Kudos