cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps5

Darran2
On our wavelength

I want to know why Virgin media having done anything regarding the connectivity to the PlayStation network via ps5/PS4 in Nottingham. I know you are aware of it as I seen you answer someone else's post regarding this matter. Been like this a week now..do I come to you for a refund for my PSN? As I'm unable to fully use it

6 REPLIES 6

richardwiecz
Joining in

I came on here to post (I think), the same thing. I have a really stable internet connection, no problem there, but I keep losing connection the PlayStation network. It might resolve for a few minutes/hour but then goes off again. Based just north of you in Chesterfield area. 

can you share more details? I’ve tried rebooting router, ps5 database rebuild, also tried wired / wireless. Not had an issue until a week or so ago…

Hey, It's been a week now and mine is still the same. Very intermittent when connecting to PlayStation Network. I 1st noticed when I tried sending a message to another player and the message failed. Also since I pay for premium subscription it's impossible to take advantage of streaming PS3/PS4 games too because 9 out 10 times they fail to launch because PlayStation Network drops out. I've posted multiple posts on social media but no one is helping, I've done all the troubleshooting and it still doesn't resolve the issue. I saw post somewhere saying Virgin Media are aware of the problem but can't remember where

i have had my ps5 a few weeks, since playing i noticed a few times it would load a game and say you need to be connected to playstation network, or no internet connection. Even though i know i'm connected. a quick internet test would say it's fine and restarting the game would sort it

I initially thought it was NBA 2k as it can have server issues when new.

Then it started in Fifa but again, fifa is known for server issues when new.

however, I went to watch the game last night on the sky go app (which has been fine since PS5 purchase)  and it just wouldn't load. Thought it might be the sky app but then i noticed in network settings it was being extremely weird. It will say connected on the front page but when you test it would say failed. or the other way around, the front screen would say failed connection or playstation network but testing would say it's all connected and fine.

I've reset the router, I've reset the ps5 to factory settings. i even tried wired and it was the same thing so they can't just say well it is because you are on wireless. 

PS5 has no support chat on weekends so i'm not sure if it's my ps5 or virgin. My ps4 was fine for years, my xbox was fine all this year. Playstaion help topics seem to suggest it is a problem at my end with my internet provider.

wondering if anyone else is having these problems and the 1st thing I see is exactly the same and someone also in Nottingham (possibly a coincidence)

anyone know if this is a virgin router issue, any settings i need to change in the router (maybe channels etc, i am not a technical expert so just taking a stab in the dark here)

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this thread PlayStation connection error [Fault ticket - F0101... - Virgin Media Community - 5131885

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It a problem with PlayStation it’s on going even tho they say everything is fine ever since the lastest firmware got released, iam on ps4 pro and I’ve given up till this gets fixed and how I know it’s not VM because when I use the Xbox there’s no problems with internet, so if I would be you lot is to complain to PlayStation as the more people complain about this problem the faster they fix it .

Hey weeman, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some issues on your PlayStation.

Currently we are aware of an issues affecting customers playing online.

We are also looking into a fix for this however we don't currently have a time frame on this, sorry. 

Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?