Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 downloads pathetic today

Has anybody noticed the ps4 download speeds are atrocious today? I don't know if it's because theres a update for fortnite and cod today but I'm paying for 350mb and I'm only getting 44mb on the console. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this today or if its just me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 downloads pathetic today

About the same speeds for me but on 200mb package.

The cod update took forever going at 2mb per second compared to the 26mb that it used to.

Not that it really matters I suppose, I can only play after midnight or when the weather is nice due to living in an oversold area 🤣

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The PSN dowload speeds aren't the fault of an over subscribed area as it's down to Sony throttling the PSN download speeds when the Covid-19 pandemic started.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I don't recall saying it was down to being over subscribed and I'm well aware of sony throttling downloads as well.

I did say I can't play online games due to being oversubscribed though.

I have downloaded many games, dlc and updates during COVID and they was never going that slow.

I would love to know why today is going so slow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It's Sony that's throttling the speed. I've been downloading on my PS4 today as well and the speeds are slower than normal and I put it down to Sony throttling the speeds since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm curious to how you know it is in fact down to Sony.

Yes, I'm aware of Sony throttling speeds as i have downloaded many things during lockdown as previously stated and they weren't as quick as they used to be.

Today was exceptionally slow at 2mbps.

Has something happened recently to make them further slow the downloads?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you know youself that Sony are thottling the PS4 speeds at their end and and your download speeds are slow, it would be obvious that it's Sony slowing the download speeds at their end and Sony did say they were throttling speeds during the Covid-19 pandemic.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've never experienced it being this slow at this time of day. I've noticed a throttle comes into play along with a higher amount of players. Either way their servers are trash at the moment. Sooner they take the throttle off the better 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

But why is it going even slower TODAY than it has been during that time?

I'm not sure how else to ask the same question.

Is it a coincidence that the OP mentioned this on the same day I have noticed the same thing?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have the same speed as the OP and I just put up with the slower dowload speeds on the PS4 and for me, todays download speed aren't any different from any other day since Sony started  throttling the speeds.

0 Kudos