cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Gamers Answer to latency on virgin media

Darkagedoc
Tuning in

Virgin docsis adds at least 0.90 of a second to any multiplayer game online first it’s translated at the cabinet from a real fiber line (runs along a tv coaxial cable and then translated again at the hub) this adds up to 0.90 of a second while a multiplayer game is running.

If you ping a connection from virgin media (Liberty Global) to a website speed test this is just one ping not any movement on screen or any data uploading it will ping back at around 7-25 milliseconds, of course the ping is low there isn’t any movement just a tiny ping response.

So the question the top boss should answer us (why is virgin media (Liberty Global) allowed to use virgin fiber over docsis for multiplayer gaming.

I have a very successful gaming channel that’s run over a real fiber optic channel with Pro gaming competition, so this is a response for millions of gamers who regularly get killed or totally blasted on multiplayer games like call of duty warzone or fifa etc.

6 REPLIES 6

NelsonNicole
Joining in

However, if your gaming cup of tea is a role playing game (RPG), latency tends not  if plugging their gaming computer into an ethernet cable is really the catch-​all solution? Pros of WiFi gaming. The main pro of WiFi gaming is simply freedom​.

www.tellthebell.com

As you can see it’s multiplayer 🙂

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Darkagedoc wrote:

So the question the top boss should answer us (why is virgin media (Liberty Global) allowed to use virgin fiber over docsis for multiplayer gaming.

Who do you think should not be allowing them to use DOCSIS?  It's the way their system was built, long before multiplayer gaming was invented.

You are right that it's not ideal for gaming, but it's a commercial operation in a competitive market and no-one forces you to use it.  If gamers are an important enough part of their market, and they all decide to leave, it will fail.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

So you answered you own question then 🤪

Virgin broadband 2013 my street my first online gaming 2009.

Its not a competitive market there is only one connection that works for gaming it’s called fttp it’s impossible to compete against it on docsis.

gaming is now the biggest industry it’s now bigger than music film industry.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You have a very selective choice of dates.  Virgin Media and predecessors were using DOCSIS long before it came to your street in 2013.  And the online games in 2009 were nothing like the modern games you were talking about in your OP.

But technology moves on, and if DOCSIS becomes unable to support future user requirements it will like all outdated systems inevitably fail.  Nothing surprising there.

I'm not a gamer, but when FTTP comes to my road it will be very tempting as a change from VM's less than reliable service. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.