Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Playstation 4 pro

Hi, on a speed test I'm getting 100+ mbs but my playstation is showing a speed of 10.9 mbs any idea how I can get a better speed on the PS4? Thanks Jamie 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Playstation 4 pro

How are you testing Wi-Fi or ethernet cable connection ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Devinemotorspor wrote:

Hi, on a speed test I'm getting 100+ mbs but my playstation is showing a speed of 10.9 mbs any idea how I can get a better speed on the PS4? Thanks Jamie 

Hi Jamie

the Sony speed tests are notorious for not showing the full speed of connections.  I have never seen the built in speed tests on my PS3 or PS4 Pro show a speed close to the speed my PC shows.  Some folks think that the PS4 Ethernet port is the bottleneck, but I suspect it is the Sony servers.  I have used the following speed test which works in the PS4 browser in the past:

https://testmy.net/multithread

It still doesn't show speeds as fast as on my PC but they are often faster results than the Sony test.  Make sure you pick the London server if you try that test.

It is always best to have the PS4 connected via Ethernet as that helps maintain speeds and will reduce latency.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi mate 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Devinemotorspor, thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to see you're getting a slow speed on your PS4. It would be a good idea, if possible to connect the console via an Ethernet connection for a more reliable speed. 

You can also request to have Boosters added to your account for a monthly charge of £3.00 - or free if you're on our top tier TV package.

If you plug the booster into the room that houses your PS4 this will allow you to run the console on the 5GHz Wi-Fi band and obtain faster speeds.

You're welcome to respond to this message so we can process a booster order for you, or you can give our team a call on 0345 454 1111

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos