cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss/jitter during gaming (pingplotter trace included)

lbevin95
Tuning in

I've posted here once before and since then I've had 2 engineer visits. Got another one planned for today but just wanted to see others opinions.

I have had a BQM running for the longest time

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5d33eb0f198a4ca25fc5c0eb6d61a3067c...

I have also used a program called pingplotter to trace pings to google, here is a segment of time from last night where I experienced ghost bullets.

Screenshot_20210727-122256_TeamViewer.jpg

I've been told around 4 times now that there is no over utilisation issue in my area, the hub has been replaced, cable going into wall has been replaced twice too. I keep getting told its my network but as the pingplotter graph shows that my ping to 192.168.0.1 is always low and the lag starts at the 2nd hop?

Would be interesting to see your guys opinions?

Thanks

Luke

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks for coming back to us @lbevin95, if we haven't been able to fix this and you want to leave ourselves, you would need to call into the team on 150 from a Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line and the team can arrange for your account to be disconnected.

Regards,

Steven_L

If VM are saying that the over-utilisation isn't big enough for them to class as a problem, you may find there's a refusal by telephone staff to allow you to cancel without penalty, or the not-infrequent obfuscation and delay tactics.  Potentially those staff will look for an over-utilisation fault, see none on their system, and then the process says "no release without paying the penalty".

If that's the case, then you need to go back to your oldest complaint which presumably is months ago, and use that as evidence of "eight weeks since complaint but problem not resolved" and escalate immediately to CISAS, asking to be released from contract without penalty, and effective from the day that you phoned and also for compensation for the poor connection, failed attempts to fix, and the hassle of having to escalate.  If you need to do this, the grounds of your complaint is the poor performance, and your request for release from contract without penalty is twofold: First the Consumer Rights Act 2015 that requires any consumer service to be provided with "reasonable skill and care", and second, the Ofcom Fairness Commitments that VM have signed up to, which state that "Customers’ services work as promised, reliably over time. If things go wrong providers give a prompt response to fix problems and take appropriate action to help their customers, which may include providing compensation where relevant. If providers can’t fix problems with core services they have promised to deliver within a reasonable period, customers can walk away from their contract with no penalty."