cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss in Apex Legends

TheRedTomato
Tuning in

Hi guys,

I've had a new router fitted by Virgin in the last few months, and I've had issues with connecting to matches and major packet loss (Up to 70% lost) in some matches. It happens to my Apex Legends games on my PC, and my brother also gets the same issues on his Xbox Series X.

Before the new router, I don't remember having as much of an issue. Resetting the router doesn't seem to solve the issue, as that has been done multiple times since the router was installed.

Hope someone can help with some troubleshooting methods for me.

Many thanks!

22 REPLIES 22

Hi TheRedTomato, 

Have you been able to follow the advice given above by @Anankha

Gareth_L

Hi @Gareth_L and @Anankha,

Thank you for your replies!

I've gone into my router settings and deselected Firewall Protection as suggested.

We'll see how that changes things.

Cheers!

If this corrects the packet loss it will show on the BQM almost immediately.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Ok, thank you Anankha!

I've asked my brother to keep me posted on how his games get on.

You’re welcome.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Hi there @TheRedTomato 

I just wanted to pop back and see how things are looking? 

Thank you. 

Hi @Ashleigh_C,

Thank you for coming back to see how things are going!

For the moment, things seem to going well, though I haven't had the chance to test Apex thoroughly.

So for now, thank you all for your help!

If I need to any extra support I'll be sure to return to you guys.

Many thanks

something to consider with Powerline Adapter can suffer bad latency and packet loss when connected on 2 different Ring Mains also

Powerlines are good for Jumping from socket to socket on the same Level. As soon as the signal as to jump into the consumer unit, you have higher Resistance values, RCD,RCBOs etc and pass into a upstairs ring main. Funky things can happen. 

You make a good point @antonyr123, thank you for this!

The route for the powerline adapter is going from the bottom floor to the floor above.

TheRedTomato
Tuning in

Hi guys,

Hope you're all well!

I've been playing more since I had the suspected fix and it seems to have not fixed the issue like I thought it did.

I do still get issues with my Apex games. I've also started playing Valorant now and I get packet loss on this game as well, with the network connection symbol on the top right of my game most of the time.

Could you please advise on what I could do next?

Many thanks!