Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PS4 Snags until router reset

Original PS4, Hub 3 M350 package, wired connection.

Recently noticed what I thought was lagging, nobody else in my team had any issues. Gradually getting worse to point that games were completely unplayable, and even scrolling through PS4 menus was troublesome. Have stripped and hoovered the PS4, have reflashed the HDD, have loaded games on to an external HDD and nothing made any difference. PS4 generally downloads 40MBps+ and uploads 8-10Mbps.

The last two evenings I've loaded up and struggled, then flicked the ON OFF on back of the router, waited 5-10 mins for lights to come on and go out and then had hassle free gaming for many glorious hours.

I understand a router issue causing game issues but not scrolling through PS4 menus yet the on off seems to have resolved it with ease.

Any thoughts please before things start getting thrown around. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 Snags until router reset

HI pearothehero, thanks for the message and we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the router, can you confirm that you are still having issues with the router/connection and if so can you do a quality monitor here and let us know the results. Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 Snags until router reset

NEVER NEVER NEVER go by sonys speed test, its more useless than the VM SH.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?