Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PS4 Connection issue - NW-31293-81

My ps4 randomly stopped connecting to the wifi and now every time i try connect i get the message: "Cannot connect to the Wi-Fi network. The security method might not be correct. (NW-31293-8)"

I have to reset the network settings, have tried manually setting up everything through the ps4 but it still doesn't work so I think it's a problem on Virgin Media's side. 

The wifi works completely fine on all other devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 Connection issue - NW-31293-81

Hi there @LucaDon1999

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with the WiFi and your PS4 at the moment. 

Are you able to connect via Ethernet; does your PS4 recognise that connection? 

Have you tried rebooting both the Hub and the PS4 and attempted to connect to the WiFi after the reboots? 

The error code presented is usually in relation to an issue with Sony or PSN after having a quick google search. 

Not sure if any of our Community will have more information for you.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 Connection issue - NW-31293-81

Not sure I can add much to @Katie_WT's post.  It would definitely be helpful to know if the issue still occurs with an Ethernet connection, I suspect not.

Not encountered this error myself, but my Playstations are hard wired so if this is indeed a wireless issue then I won't see it.  I had a quick look on Google and found a few threads like this one, with different suggested fixes:

https://community.playstation.com/content/pdc/us/en_US/pdc-communities/support/PlayStation-Network-S...

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped