Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 11 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: “Over Utilisation”

Complete rubbish VM are doing nothing to correct situation waiting for zero planning permisson or licences from council to dig up highways which is why they are using government lockdown end dates to fob off customers, the fix is for people to go back to work & school with school holidays approaching rapidly there will likely be no improvement till september.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 33
Flag for a moderator

No ones fobbing anyone off or making up about applying for permissions.

I get you’re frustrated but try throwing facts into the mix rather than presumptions and nonsense. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 13 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Like looking on the system I wrote for all planning & licence applications in Northamptonshire and giving you facts, lockdown release two government date schools reopening 1st (Virgin management emails on dark web) stating fob of customers till 3rd as they are waiting for this to fix itself when schools & workplaces reopen.

just do your homework planning applications and road disruption licences are not secret but public knowledge released to logistics managers & many others as soon as applications made. As for the VM whistleblowers I wish them all the best...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 14 of 33
Flag for a moderator

What I'm puzzled about is if you are heavily into eSports racing with potential prize funds, why would you be using VM? 

Fair enough if you like high downloads, but if you can afford I would have thought you would have 2 connections: a fast download connection and a low latency connection for games. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 15 of 33
Flag for a moderator

My current employment is a result of dancing with a big C and semi retirement for the last few years, my connection is a remenant of being a single working dad of 5 for many years. This problem is a result of a perfect storm my connection does not need to be special 1mb either way maximum I ever need but I can live with as little  as 120kb up/down, I have already had dippers from OR turn up and state to dangerous to pull a cable through a wall or door frame its already inside building but covid BS at OR as strong as VM.

VM borrowed too much and are still paying interest on cables laid in the 80's & now sell as much capacity as they can betting everyone never turns up at the same time but they LOST, being plonkers expected spend weeks trying to BS customers their big mistake made sure truth now circulating among the millenials on how bad VM is for gaming streaming etc it going boobs up in a hurry.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 33
Flag for a moderator

"now sell as much capacity as they can betting everyone never turns up at the same time "
that is called contention and its used by all ISP.

No ISP or in fact NO network in general can support full speeds at all times. not even yours.

if you had a 1gbps network drive on your network and 2 computers that could access it. If you access it one computer at a time you get 1gbps. If you both try and access it you get 500mbps each even though both PC have a gigabit connection.

10Tbps Submarine lines can not support they can support 1000 of VM gig customers. The whole idea of internet and networks relies on contention.

Don;t want connection you can get lease lines. The going rate is about £1/mbps. So you want 500M its £500/month after install costs

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 17 of 33
Flag for a moderator

So why repeat what I said?

I know how much FO lease lines cost and have since the 80/90's when I had several connecting regional offices to mainframes, as I said my problem not the fact it happened but the fact VM have done nothing to improve situation and chose instead to lie through their back teeth trying to fob everyone off until Covid lockdown ended and are still doing so.

At the moment you can get nothing if it requires a cable pulling I can move to a different property easier than I can get a new line in, but my problem is I have been on a lockdown due to immunosuppressant meds since long before covid LD, I could pay several thousand to a contractor but not economically viable, the minute this Covid scam ends I will be out the door and with a new ISP along with many others.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 33
Flag for a moderator

“COVID scam”. 
That about sums you up in one sentence. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Allow me to unpuzzle you, I wasn't heavily into eSports until about March / April when Covid hit and Motorsport went online big style. I didn't know what good gaming internet was when I bought VM, I just saw the numbers and thought well that's good. Sadly now paying the price a bit I guess.

What I'm puzzled about is that others I compete against are not having anything like the issues I'm having, and some of them are on the exact same hub with VM, one who's location is about 20-30mi away from me.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 20 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't take long for conversations to get a bit edgy on here does it.

Thanks to those of you who have written helpful comments. The thing with the moving dates is it is every couple of days they just give me a new date for things being sorted. I've had five dates over the last two weeks now. It's completely blown my trust in the company altogether. The other problem is I've literally been told in the last call that tests on my home equipment have shown up as negative (meaning there are issues somewhere) but due to the fact that ongoing "work" is happening in the area they will be unable to call an engineer out to me, even though they've literally acknowledged that tests have shown issues with my set up. My Pingplotter shows packet loss at the router's IP address, as well as at nrth-core-2b-xe-907-0.network.virginmedia.net which I assume is my local area. Just while typing this message, I've watched my latency spike as high as 280ms. It literally jumps from 30, to 131, to 26, to 147, to 27, to 190, etc.

I'm not interested in any pointless conspiratorial nonsense regarding VM and Covid, I'm interested in what I can do to solve this, apart from the fast approaching solution of just changing provider, which I absolutely will do in the next 1-2 weeks if I cannot sort this. 

0 Kudos