Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My IP is blacklisted???????? League of Legends

So two days ago I was going to play some League of Legends and for some reason i couldn't login.

After that i sent a ticket to the game's tech support team and this is what they told me.

*I'll leave print screens to make it easier*

Ps. The Koreanum guy it's me

printscreen 11.pngprintscreen 22.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My IP is blacklisted???????? League of Legends

Looks like the images are not showing properly so i'll just write the conversation I had with the tech team of the game.

Me:
Hi for some reason I can't log in . I already tried to reinstall the game and it didnt work. I'll send you the log files from hextec repair tool in case you need it.

Tech Team:
Hey there,

Radkus here from the Tech Team. I've checked out and your ISP was encountering issues during that time, preventing players from logging in or playing. The issue should be gone now, so you should be good to go in that regard.

If you still encounter issues, please run some traceroutes to capture issues along your route to the server. There's an application called Ping Plotter, which you can get here.

In the Target field, enter in the following addresses one at a time.

Be sure you've set your test parameters for Trace Interval to 1 second and Focus Time to 5 minutes and try to run them in a custom match.

Press the Play button on the left side to start the traceroute.

After the trace has completed, take a screenshot of the results in their entirety. Run a test for both IP addresses and attach the screenshots to your reply. Afterwards you are safe to close the program.

Thanks a lot!

Me:
Hi thanks for the response.
I hope I did everything right.
Here are the screenshots

Tech Team:
Hey bro,

Mighty Poro here from the Tech Team @ Player Support, taking over!

It seems that your IP is blacklisted, this happens usually when the threats in your computer spam the internet in attempt of spreading, but it could also be caused by something else.

Scan your computer, you can use Malwarebytes to do so. (This is just a recommended precaution)
Right after that, you can whitelist your IP by using Project HoneyPot. Fill the form out, putting ""Dynamic IP"" as the reason. Keep in mind that this usually takes ~1hr to take effect.

If you're still encountering issues after that I strongly recommend contacting your ISP to remove the blacklisting from your IP or simpler, to completely change it.

Stay positive, safe and awesome, my dude!

Me:
Thanks for the help but it looks like it didn't work.
I'll ask my landlord to contact my ISP to remove the blacklisting from my IP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can't believe this rubbish - From the support team - not you.

If you want to understand blacklists - read my post here - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ravenstar-s-Email-FAQ-s/td-p/3169662

I would be curious to know what blacklists you are on - would you be willing to PM me your public IP?

With regards to the information on Project Honeypot it's an anti spam outfit - and because of the way they work - there is no way they would whitelist your IP if you are on a Dynamically allocated IP address.

Virgin Media won't change your IP address. BTW

Seeing the traceroutes you posted up on here would be useful to everyone.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sure i'm willing to do that but is there anyway to clean this mess? xd

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@andre79doe wrote:

Sure i'm willing to do that but is there anyway to clean this mess? xd

The first way to deal with this mess is to start from scratch.  Those traceroutes that the support people asked for are indeed useful here.

The blacklist information is a load of horse excrement - It's not the first time I've heard it trotted out and I'm sure it'll be far from the last.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

162.249.72.1 test screenshot162.249.72.1 test screenshot185.40.65.1 test screenshot185.40.65.1 test screenshot

I believe this is what you are talking about.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@andre79doe 

Many thanks for letting me see your public IP

What a surprise, you are blacklisted.  But let me explain what blacklists you are on and why.

I was actually surprised to see that you are ONLY listed on

SORBS DUHL - Hostname dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net

This is a blacklist that holds data on IP addresses that are allocated by DHCP - i.e. so called Dynamic addresses.

Why list these IP addresses.  Due to the way email works.  An email SERVER SHOULD NOT be sitting on an address managed by DHCP. this is because for most residential customers - these addresses MAY change.

Therefore INBOUND mail servers called mail exchangers SHOULD NOT be seeing email traffic on port 25 unauthenticated coming from these addresses.  So this blacklist is used to restrict traffic coming from these addresses by some email administrators.

Virgin Media residential addresses are ALL allocated by DHCP and thus ideally should be on any and all of these policy black lists..

Similar lists are Spam Dynrats and Spamhaus PBL - which surprisingly you are not currently on.

These IP addresses DO NOT list spam sources

SORBS DNSBL - Hostname dnsbl.sorbs.net

This is the master zone for SORBS.  SORBS has numerous zones and rather than query each zone individually email administrators can query the whole set in one go by using the DNSBL instead.  The numerical result returned indicated which zone the IP address is in.

You are listed here then because you are on the DUHL.

You do not need to change your IP address or ask for a de-llisting.  Indeed SORBS should refuse to de-list you because this is a Dynamic address.

As for asking to be white-listed at the Honeypot project - don't make me laugh.

Why is this affecting you connecting to the servers - answer, it isn't.

League of Legends may be blocking your Virgin Media IP address for reasons of their own.  Which is why when you use a VPN you can connect.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks