Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Living virgin media

After 5 years using virgin media i've tried everything possible to keep gaming! 

NEVER going to see a pound from my pocket again virgin media! 

Disgusting experience on jittering and latency spikes! 

Feedback for everybody

Don't get M350 for gaming! Wast of money and time! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Living virgin media

Only thing with Virgin that is good for is large file downloads or large house holds.

With gaming lower ping is good, you don't need high speed, go with a company that uses the Openreach network. Usually BT is the best ISP who use Openreach network..... because its BT Openreach.

Even a VM customer with no issues will always have higher ping than someone on the Openreach network because of how cable internet works and Virgin being late adopters to new cable internet technology.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’ll keep my working Gig1 package then 🙂

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Harvey_H wrote:

Only thing with Virgin that is good for is large file downloads or large house holds.

With gaming lower ping is good, you don't need high speed, go with a company that uses the Openreach network. Usually BT is the best ISP who use Openreach network..... because its BT Openreach.

Even a VM customer with no issues will always have higher ping than someone on the Openreach network because of how cable internet works and Virgin being late adopters to new cable internet technology.

Agree.  My BT VDSL is half the speed of my VM connection, but great for gaming, and no messing with Port Forwarding as it's IPv6 ....

0 Kudos