cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency issues whilst FPS gaming

stuartross3
On our wavelength

Hello,

I have been having latency issues the past week since Saturday 12th Febuary, only on FPS games (Valorant / CSGO) . I did tests on saturday night when it first started happening and it came back as there was bad ping in my area and they would fix the issue is 24 hours. Now when i do tests it doesnt show any issue on Virgins side but it made no difference to my latency.

stuartross3_0-1645175598193.png

Recently i updated to the new Volt 1GB package about 3 weeks ago now, have never had any issues with the 500GB speed and the Virgin hub 3. I have had an engineer round to replace the Hub 4 to see if that would fix it but had no luck.

Its impossible to play FPS games with this issue. Any ideas what i can do or virgin can do ?

20 REPLIES 20

Hi stuartross3, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you were having issues with the connection. I have checked the system and cannot see any issues at present. Please let us know if anything changes? ^Chris

Hi Chris, this doesnt change that i am having issues, you can see in my BQM that i am having sevre issues whilst gaming. I dont suppose there is anything you can do, then i want to know how i can get out of this contract without the massive fees, i upgraded my package about 3/4 weeks ago now and ive only had issues since, i know there is nothing wrong my end but i shouldnt be punished or falsely given a connection that is apparently perfect.

Im going to leave Virgin as there seems to be no fix and i cannot go on playing like this. Please can i get any information about how to leave without the fees as this is something that is virgins fault i shouldnt have to pay for this inconvience.

Thanks 

Hi,

Been having the same issue as yourself with high latency when FPS gaming, no idea why it is happening because when I test my connection everything seems to be running alright. I just think virgin is terrible right now. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Maybe your being DoS?

Maybe you have something on thats doing downloading or uploading?

Test with the hub in modem mode with a running ping -t 194.168.4.100
---------------------------------------------------------------

I have nothing downloading or uploading, i get the same issue with that average 9-11ms then when gaming it spikes to 75, 115, 150 every couple of seconds when i do something.

I also went out and bought a expensive router to try this and set the VM router to modem mode and still issues

Your playing too good so looks like your being DoS.

Went did you setup your own router?

Try modem mode with just a PC connected no router.

How would i go about getting DoS fixed if it is that ??

Also Last sunday, i was having issues with the Hub 4 originally still the issues i am having now so nothing to do with router setup.

Have tried and still same issue

Also i have reinstalled my OS too so and run Anti virus regularly so nothing to do with the pc

It might be a simple ICMP DoS so disable ping to your router.

or use a VPN when gaming.

Nope, tried a VPN and still issues, this is not resolved.

I just want to leave virgin without all of the cost penalties involved, there is an underlying issue since upgrading to 1GB connection , i cannot game without this horrible latency.