Menu
hallett1872
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Latency/Ping issues NE5

As shown in the graphs below, my connection has been suffering from latency/ping issues. I think this has been going on for around 2-3 weeks now and the symptoms shown in the graphs, happen every day. On some occasions, it gets so bad that I lose internet access altogether, even though the Hub lights remain normal. I've tried restarting and resetting the Hub, this makes no difference. And have also disconnected and reconnected relevant cabling, which also makes no difference.

This is particularly frustrating when trying to work from home as I keep losing connection to my VPN. I've been working at home for a year with no issues, until these last couple of weeks. Very annoying. Trying to make this post proved difficult due to constant loading circles whilst it tried to do something.

Is it worth calling the helpline? Is there any forum staff that can take a look at this? I've also posted a screenshot of the Hub stats when the issue is happening, but these numbers mean nothing to me, so I have no idea what they mean.

Thanks.

09-04 vm stat.PNG

08-04-21

08-04 vm graph.PNG

09-04-21

09-04 vm graph.PNG

0 Kudos
hallett1872
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency/Ping issues NE5

10-04-21

10-04 vm graph.PNG

I tried another factory reset of the Hub on 09-04-21 at around 19:00 (as indicated on the graph by the full red lines from top to bottom) but the symptoms still continue to exist.

Things continuing as they were today. Large red spikes where the service stops working altogether (loss of webpages, VPN disconnects), despite the lights on the Hub remaining normal. When I run a test via the Hub during these times, it detects something wrong with the broadband but doesn't state what.

I've ran tests via the MyVM site and have booked an engineer for 13-04-21, I have my doubts that an engineer can fix this at my house though.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@hallett1872 I have my doubts that an engineer can fix this at my house though.

Depends what the fault is.  If it's a noisy joint in one of the connection boxes, they can, but it it's in the street cabinet they'll fix it there, but still come and check it out from your property.   

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
hallett1872
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

11-04-21

11-04 vm graph.PNG

And this morning, it continues. Looks like it was particularly bad before I even got up at 11:00.

12-04-21

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello hallett1872

Really sorry to hear of the recent broadband connection issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of this via the forums.

At the time of posting this we're unable to look into the connection, spec's and level's as the Hub is currently showing as offline. We can also see there is a visit due this afternoon, please let us know how this goes and the outcome of the visit.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos