Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

LATENCY with VM a JOKE 10mb on any other providers 20 times as stable as 100mb VM

A VM customer for 20 plus  years ready to leave as support is still non existent and staff still pushing the same old LIES.....

£50 a month for NOTHING I try to connect with servers in Amsterdam, Boston US & Sydney Aus, I have team mates in local area on BT, PlusNet, EE with lower speeds but stability, VM are defrauding customers still with speeds that maybe higher if you do not want or require a reliable connection.

Connecting with a team of twenty and several leagues to servers in EU,US & Aus I am the only one with a problem, I am also the only one with VM 100mb of speed but ping of 200+ to amsterdam while everyone else with decent ISP's ping in 20's, me lost packets of 30-40% while everyone else 0%.

VM ignore complaints and fob customers off with 100mb down 10mb up but in fact the connections are unstable & unuseable a joke, morons reading from so called expert systems telling me to adjust wi fi when I do not use wifi.

And a whole web site designed to ignore the elephant in the room the fact a 10mb stable connection is better than 100mb or 1gb from VM that will never be stable.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: LATENCY with VM a JOKE 10mb on any other providers 20 times as stable as 100mb VM

Hi I’m Chris a Virgin media Tech

Could you please private message me your account number as well as address or your VM landline number. You can access my private messaging by hovering over my name. I can then run some diagnostics on your equipment and see further into your issue.

If you found this information useful or the issue was resolved, please give feedback by clicking the thumbs up Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.                                                                                                         

If you would like to learn more about receiving £50 of your bill please private message me.

Kind Regards          

Chris VMTech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: LATENCY with VM a JOKE 10mb on any other providers 20 times as stable as 100mb VM

Hi,

Please Pm me your account number and postcode, I will take a look for you.

hover over my name and select send message.

I will need to check your account, so please don't post details here though, please pm me.

Zoe

If the advice has been useful please hit the Kudos thumb and mark this reply as Helpful.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You know Ever since i switched to Virgin Media my issues have been countless.

Poor support / No support. Little understanding on how to support first line ,  second line or Third line issues. and even when you GIVE them the answer with the testing method on how you got to that solution, they still dont listen.

Im searching for a way to cancel my VM connection - its the WORST 484 down and 50Mbps up i have ever had. Latency is unbelievable. I even Pay Virgin to take me outside of traffic management - stil the issues have been there since i have obtained the connection.

am now looking to cancel the service and move to another provider.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@MrFlid wrote:

snip...

Latency is unbelievable. I even Pay Virgin to take me outside of traffic management - stil the issues have been there since i have obtained the connection.

am now looking to cancel the service and move to another provider.

There isn't any traffic management, what exactly are you paying for?

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

"there isnt any traffic management?"

Oh dear sir.

You may want to note , that all ISP traffic manage. You may also want to note that Every ISP does not have the infrastructure to handle ALL of the customer that they have using their connection. If this ever happens, the network breaks!. So as a rule, all ISPs traffic manage their aggregation points. They define peak times, at peak traffic. They also Tag the traffic that you are using , so HTML, P2P, Media, etc etc....You can "apparently" pay VM to take you out side of this.  apparently the re classified this as a "Gaming" service...saying that i should really check - 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

VM used to offer a Gamer package with no traffic management (for those wanting to stream on Twitch etc) as they used to throttle uploads if you uploaded over a certain amount at peak time. However since then they have scrapped traffic management on all their packages, so if you are still paying extra you are being ripped off. There is no longer any traffic management on VM or any of the main UK ISPs (BT, Sky etc). 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-broadband-traffic-management-policy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@MrFlid wrote:

snip...

apparently the re classified this as a "Gaming" service...saying that i should really check - 

Oh yes I really would if I were you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The volume is not the problem for any gamers the amount of traffic you use is miniscule unless you also stream 128kb up and down is all I need to race 60 cars on a 20km track with competitors spread out all over the world, gaming transmits relitavely little data but even at 128kb VM cannot supply sufficient quality or sufficient packets, as a rule 1-3% loss is barely noticed but with VM losses are no where near 3-4% but ten times that 30-40%.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

they lied 

trust me - there is traffic management.

0 Kudos