Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet problems - vivid 350 - constant drop outs - lag on playstation

Hi Guys,

Wondering if you can help.

I have been with virgin media for about 8 years now i believe and this year i am constantly dealing with speed issues especially when gaming online.

I noticed this whilst playing fifa (as this is the main game i play), the connection seemed slow and sluggish when playing online and i know this was not a gameplay issue as i have trialed online gameplay at a friends house who uses Sky and has a much lower download/upload speed to me.

I started reading into what it can be and in short i have purchased a new monitor (optimised for gaming) upgraded my speed package to 350mg and also purchased a 3rd party router (nighthawk r7000) and played in modem mode (which slightly improved things) but still online gaming is shocking, i have also tried port forwarding but all in all i have not had much luck.

It is very frustrating and me and my wife are now begun to bicker as i am obsessing about it and constantly tinkering with settings, it is beginnig to now cost a lot of time and money.

Apart from the input delay the router will constantly drop out with the wifi not connecting to the internet for a minute or 2, this shows as no ip address found whilst trying to connect from a phone.

Virgin media have visited my home a few times this year but their engineers are not helpful and do the very minimum, constantly blaming it on issues in the area etc, if my wife is at home for the visit they will basically run a speed test, replace an ethernet cable then leave.

I have noticed alot of people with similar problems and members from this forum being kind enough to reach out and offer support, so any help would be appreciated as my hair is falling out and whatever is left is now turning grey.

Thanks again for reading and apologies for the rant.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet problems - vivid 350 - constant drop outs - lag on playstation

Forgot to mention i am connect to my ps4 via Ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet problems - vivid 350 - constant drop outs - lag on playstation

Hi Nazzyboy2000,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear you are getting lag on your PS4, I have done full checks my end and cannot see any issues at all no drop outs all your levels are as they should be.

I wouls advise to post any further information you have such as stat from the router when the issue occurs.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos