Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

High ping and Latency issues.

Good Afternoon All,

I am experiencing an issue with my ping since Mid of February. Please see a screenshot from ThinkBroadband attached below. Because of this I am not able to enjoy any online FPS games. I am using Ethernet cable and everything actually happened before the lockdown in UK.

Since February I have tried:

• Reset a router
  • Request a new router from Virgin Media
  • Change of Ethernet Cable
  • Reinstalling a Windows 10 on my PC
  • Spoke to VM operator to see if there are any issues with my network back in Feb (Nothing spotted)

Currently, there is no chance to contact Virgin Media tech support as offices are closed, I have tried it 10 times via mobile and Virgin Media chat.

Also, the speed test is showing really good results (usually).There is a fluctuation of it  but I think its normal in current situation in the UK.

Could someone advice what's wrong as I never had this situation before?

If you need anything else please let me know

thinkbroadband.PNGspeedtest.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping and Latency issues.

11 ping and you think this is bad?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speedtest.net doesn't have the best indicator for ping considering it connects to the closest server it can and to be honest 11 ping is bad if you're only going a few miles away.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, Speed test is showing a ping of 11 and its excellent result but according to ThinkBroadband and my experience while I am playing games, the ping is horrible and its impossible to play anything online.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah speedtest isnt that reliable for ping. Ping changes dramatically once you enter a game or what not. In game i am getting easily 200ping, and discord is the same. 1 upload when i should be getting 20, making my job through the week impossible, and they do nothing to help or support. horrendous company.