Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

High packet loss and ping

Hi,
I've been experiencing extremely high packet loss and ping on my connection for the past month. Graph:

Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 23.16.29.png

Every day looks virtually identical to this. This results in calls (via iPhone WiFi calling) frequently dropping, websites needing reloaded to load, and streaming video dropping in quality or not playing at all. Basic fixes I've tried including checking all coax connections are tight, restarting all equipment, and resetting my SuperHub. 

I called support, who initially seemed to see the issue and promised me that a fix was needed in the area in 5-7 days. This was a month ago.

14 days later, I called and reached an advisor who basically just accused me of wanting money off of my bill as I was getting 350mbps, so nothing more could be expected. When he eventually checked through the Tier 2 notes from the previous call, he then told me he'd call back in 2 days with an update. He didn't.

I then called again and reached an advisor who, again ignored the Tier 2 notes and me telling him all the standard checks have been done, before resetting my SuperHub without my permission or informing me. This then kicked the call, as I have poor mobile signal so rely on WiFi calling, as well as kicking my AirPort off of the network until I set it back up again. And, surprise surprise, the packet loss and ping persisted. 

I'm beyond done with the telephone support, and filed a complaint. I know that the forum sometimes can help, and at this point I just would like my issue fixed, so if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. I have a screenshot of the connection logs from my SuperHub if that's helpful.

Thanks for reading!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: High packet loss and ping

Hello 7sierra7,

Sorry to hear about this 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your time 7sierra7

Can you let us know how the visits goes 

Gareth_L

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for arranging. The engineer came and didn't find any issues around my property, but they seemed to know who would be able to get it sorted. I should hear back from the engineer again this week and we'll take it from there

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Morning 7Sierra7, 

Thanks for letting us know how the visit went. 

I'm sure you'll hear back from the engineers soon, let us know if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos