Menu
fwalkerr
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

High packet loss and lag

Hi all, 

My BQM: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/faf8f7ec8f5548f7703ac30dfde7ee2189...

Posting here because recently I've noticed that whenever doing any sort of intensive activity online such as playing games or video-conferencing that my connection becomes really poor and broken up. We recently had our speeds upgraded to 200mbps down but even with the new faster speeds i am still getting a really poor connection, and it drops out often. This happens on multiple devices. These are all wireless, however i have a powerline coming in a few days so i can let you know how that performs too if needed. It's odd as only a few weeks ago it worked flawlessly, and nothing has changed. Have performed multiple router resets and configured network adapter on my devices to make sure all is okay. 

0 Kudos
fwalkerr
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High packet loss and lag

also i now see the bqm showing 100% packet loss after 10pm tonight, i enabled wifi optimisation in the virgin connect app earlier, this will be the cause.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High packet loss and lag

Apart from the red block that you have explained, your BQM is excellent. I see you are connecting to the Hub by WiFi.  It's not ideal for gaming .

0 Kudos