Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

High Latency Varation during games

Hi I think this might be related to increased traffic with what's going on right now but thought I'd drop a post with my BQM anyway. I have had this running now for a long time after prior issues to monitor my connection. Like I said my latency seems to be all over. It's stable for a while then can shoot up. MW2019 being the prime example monitoring the in-game latency under the account section I have see spikes from 30/40s to over 100, most of the time spikes are upto 60-70 but enough to cause lag and for the game to be giving me the icon about it. This is also present in other games I am playing.

My area is 22 and I will post below my BQM and Hub Stats, I appricate this is a stressful time and don't expect a response anytime soon but thank whoever takes time out of thier day and I so understand from what I see here my latency issues seem better than many others, k will stress though for me it makes many games unplayable right now. However you can see once it hits 1am it's great all the way to 9/10am.

My Broadband Ping - 74

20200329_212721.png20200329_212741.png20200329_212800.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Latency Varation during games

I am also area 22, all good my end.

Run a Puma 6 test, and post your results here. Just google Puma 6 Test.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I did the test 3 times just to make sure, here are the results.

CalJHarris_0-1585521744393.png

CalJHarris_1-1585521770093.png

CalJHarris_2-1585521794652.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cant see the pics, but if too much red, then thats your issue.

Mine looks like this.pum6test2.JPG

--
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Can you perform a 50 seconds pinhole reset please. you can normaly fit a pen in this hole put a timer on your phone for 50 seconds you hub will then go offline for 10mins+ while it resets firmware

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Maybe asking which version of Firmware the user with the issue has. If they have the latest, it will not update again.

--
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

There could be damaged/corrupt files so the firmware resetting can fix some errors always worth a try as it only take 10 mins. You'd be surprised how many times this fixes errors out in the field.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok will try this later.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So I have performed as suggested, I reset my unit on the back then turned off my Super Hub for sometime, then started it up and performed a factory reset as well as resetting the unit again from behind to try and make sure the hub firmware was as good as can be. I then switched back to modem mode (I use my own router), However these tests were ran with the Super Hub 2 directly connected into an old laptop of mine running Linux. The SH2 software is V1.01.35 and the hardware version is 3.11 Puma test results below. Again I ran 3 tests for consistency.

Screenshot_2020-03-30_18-51-30.pngScreenshot_2020-03-30_18-51-59.pngScreenshot_2020-03-30_18-52-17.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ah sorry been so busy I did not do the pinhole for as long as stated. Will do that now and check back. But at least the Factory reset confirms on that end something is still up.

0 Kudos