Menu
Wardis
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

High Latency / Jitter

Hello,

I have a major issue that's been ongoing for around 6 months now. I've raised numerous complaints but VM keep on closing them stating they could not get hold of me (Lack of contact I would say).

Every time a case is closed I get back on the phone (lucky me)! The most recent case was C-2501212293.

Please see below the most recent BQM graph...

Broadband Issues! 

I have also had the following arranged/carried out.

1. Hub 3 Router replaced

2. Connections replaced

3. Three engineer visits (4th booked in next week)

4. Signals checked on router numerous times (all good!)

I honestly do not know if they will admit to the high utilisation issues (if it is this) or provide a potential solution. I'm at the end of my tether and quite frankly sick of calling VM. My broadband becomes unusable as I do a lot of gaming after work (post 5 PM usually). The further into the evening, my upload speed becomes poorer and poorer, also I've captured high jitter too which is why I receive huge ping spikes and rubber banding in games.

Really need some help and guidance on this one.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Latency / Jitter

Escalate the oldest complaint to CISAS since it is likely that the eight week limit for VM to resolve it has passed.  Doesn't matter that VM have closed it, lost .  You should get some compensation for the poor connection and failure to handle the complaints properly, but the problem itself won't be fixed because you're correct that's down to over-utilisation on VM's network, and there is nothing VM can or will do about it at a technical level.  You sit it out and hope it goes away, or you take your business elsewhere, if that's a viable option.

If you're in a fixed term contract then make it part of the CISAS complaint that you wish to be released from that without penalty, under the terms of Ofcom's fairness commitments that VM have agreed to, but sometimes appear to forget.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Wardis.

We can see you've recently called the team to discuss this.

How did it go?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Wardis
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Still no progress, I keep being told someone will call me back (A manager) but they never call. I've provided two mobile numbers now but still nothing. I'm really not getting anywhere with this complaint.

I've raised a case via CISAS as well so that's going through. I just feel no one is taking me seriously and the case will just be closed down once again with the reason 'We were unable to contact you which is a lie! They never attempt to...

I was last told on the 16th that my case has been escalated to the network team for them to monitor, but when I call the rep is not aware of such...gives me a lot of faith.

So the position remains, no progress. Actually on the phone now and was told that a manager will call me in 72 hours. I put money on it that it will never happen! I just booked my 5th engineer visit, lucky me!

Graph from 16th March

16th March16th March

Sam

0 Kudos
Wardis
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Wardis_0-1616091985957.png

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear the issue is ongoing @Wardis,

I can see you spoke to our team today and had an appointment booked.

We hope our field team can further investigate this for you and help resolve this permanently. In the meantime, please try rebooting you device to see if it helps.

Please let us know how the appointment goes.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Wardis
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Don't worry, you cover rebooting people's devices when they call initially then hang up with your automated system. What an awful response that is for an on-going complaint. Clearly, you did not read the first post in the thread...

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Are there any ISP's using Openreach networks in your area?  

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Wardis

Looking at this from the very beginning it is clear to see you have tried everything possible to fix this. I am sorry that you have had to come on here to seek help

As we try to help with most things on here the only real solution is just to see how things go.

Have you tried setting the Hub into modem mode and connecting a 3rd party router?

Its just a suggestion to see if that helps 

Gareth_L 

0 Kudos
Wardis
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried setting the Hub into modem mode and connecting a 3rd party router?

Yes, I have used an Asus AX86U previously to see if it resolved the issue but it did not. I ended up sending it back for a full refund as no difference made.

0 Kudos