cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIGH PING, PACKET LOSS, DISCONNECTING

sknymf
Just joined

Hello,

So, im having major issues with my internet, when gaming i get high ping, packet loss sometimes it disconnects me from the internet then comes back after 5 seconds, i have tried everything when it comes to reseting the router, checking the cables etc, etc.....i have monitored throught command prompt to see if it its due to the game servers or my connection and it turns out it is the VM.

I went on VM troubleshoot section did the test and it says the problem is with the cabling leading to my house and to come back after 24 to re run the test so i will be able to book an engineer appointment, i re run the test after 24h and no option to do so, but what it does it just keeps spinning me around the fact that i need to check my cabling.

Seeing other peoples problems in this section im wondering if im supposed to wait for it to magicaly come back to normal or what?

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are you connecting by WiFi or ethernet? 

Go to 192.168.0.1,  copy as text and paste here the downstream, upstream and network logs.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @sknymf,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your recent post. I'm really sorry to hear of the connection and packet loss issues you've been experiencing when gaming.

I've been unable to locate your account using your forums details to check things from our end. How have things been since your post?

Let us know if you're still in need of further assistance and we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tyricores
Joining in

Usually at night, my Internet speed decreases.

Maricores
Just joined

Every gamer has faced the problem of high ping.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you want to take this further you'll need to post the information requested above. We can't look over your shoulder to see what's happening. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sknymf,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your broadband looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I have some questions for you first of all which will help me investigate your issue 🙂

• Do issues with your connection occur over WIFI or Wired connections? (By wired, I mean devices connected to the Hub via Ethernet cable)
  • When issues do arise, do any lights start to show on the Hub which could indicate an issue?
  • Are the symptoms that you're seeing intermittent connection or more towards slow speeds?

I have taken the time to check your services on my side and cannot see any major issues with your levels, could you please check that the cables on your Hub are all finger tight please? Loose wires will allow issues to arise with your connection so it's a simple issue that can cause big problems sometimes! 

Also let me know about the info in my bullet points too!

Thanks 🙂

Megan_L