Menu
GeekyPastimes
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Fluctuating Jitter and Packet Bursts on Warzone

Since Warzone came out I've noticed I get almost constant packet bursts (represented by three orange squares in-game) on Warzone. This leads to feeling like I'm suddenly slowing down or speeding up in game. The latency is fairly consistent at about 60ms on most servers.

While exploring this issue I've also found when I do tests for jitter, it fluctuates between 5ms and 100ms - so there's something wrong somewhere.

This is my current setup

Gaming PC (what I've been doing the tests on) connected via Powerline adapters (I have tried connected the PC directly to the router/modem when it used to be downstairs, it made no difference) to an ASUS RT-AC86U Router connected to the Virgin Hub Router in modem mode. 

Other games don't seem to be affected and my speed tests are pretty consistent at about 150-350 mb/s and 30-40 up.

I've tried restarting everything, port forwarding, QoS, changing DNS server, none of it makes the slightest bit of difference. Friends in the same city on the same ISP in the same games as me do not have this problem, which makes me think there's something wrong between my house and the cabinet/Virgin's connection. I have had this problem since March (when the game came out) and in that time I have used three different routers (one being the basic Virgin one) and two entirely different PCs, so I don't think it's my hardware at the moment.

Digby123
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fluctuating Jitter and Packet Bursts on Warzone

Been having similar issues the past few months, in the southeast area.  Makes the game unplayable.

TrueVerdict
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

remove 3rd party hardware - do you get the same experience?
--------------------------------------------------------------
If you find my responses help or amuse you in any way, please cheer me up and give me some Kudos - - - - Services: Hub3 500mb speedtest.net result 22 Jan 2021 = 550mb down / 36mb up Ping 12
0 Kudos
matthirst952
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey man,

I have exactly the same issue, I've opened a forum post, but no hits of yet 🙂

0 Kudos
stotty2910
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same issues. Mates within a mile of me same package same ISP no problems. I've rang Virgin and they keep telling me there is no issues. They put me onto the gadget tech team. They screwed it up even more. I've been getting it in rocket league aswell as warzone. 

I'm tempted to leave but have heard worse reports from other ISP so I dunno what to do. 

0 Kudos
Chewier_Rich
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issues here. I’m moving to BT on the 24th unless I get this sorted before that. 

razvanbolog
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Strange that you only have in war zone! If you would have a Internet connection problem then it would affect all games. But it might just be that the network is over utilised and you might just get kicks and your latency spikes up and after 20 seconds to 1 min you have no issues. I suppose this happens between 12pm and 6 pm. Right? 

0 Kudos
GeekyPastimes
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It happened at all times, but was worse in the evenings. Switched to BT just over a week ago and haven't had any problems with it since.

0 Kudos
Chewier_Rich
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Glad you’ve managed to sort it by switching to BT. I’m due to move to them next week and it’s given me confidence that it will be a better gaming (warzone) experience. Can’t stand the constant lag spikes every 10 seconds. 

0 Kudos
burtonuk
Just joined
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Trust me no better on plusnet massive packet burst was hoping swopping to virgin would be better !!
thats why we are switch to virgin 😞

0 Kudos