cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifa 22 wifi vs cable

Brezaecosmin
Tuning in

Hello , im having issues while playing fifa online via cable , i have a virgin 500 mb connection , while im testing it, speed , ping everything looks fine but when im ingame the players are slow and unresponsive , tried 3 different cable still the same issue , if im playing over wifi works perfect if the console is next to the hub , but as its original location is in a different room i need a wire connection as the wifi signal over there is at 76 and facing the same lag as over cable , any suggestions please ? 

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds strange.  What Hub are you using?  What cables are you using?  They should be Cat 6a at least.  Usually wired is far better than wifi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hub 3.0 , and the cables , 1 cheap from ebay , one from the hub package , and the 3rd one ugreen from amazon . 

Ugreen is the last tested and its cat 8 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Brezaecosmin wrote:

Ugreen is the last tested and its cat 8 

Overkill on the cable, as Cat 5e or 6a are more than enough.

Have you tried a full factory reset on the Hub, as this has fixed ethernet issues for some users here. Note - this will remove any custom settings you may have made to the Hub, so will need setup again afterwards.

Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Already did a few times , reinstalled the game tried 10 differend dns servers , changed the console , still the same , if the console is next to the hub works better than on cable ...

Hi Brezaecosmin, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with playing Fifa. 

Checking your account, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in general although there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F009542431
  • Estimated fix time: 30 DEC 2021 09:00
  • Description: Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello 

After the works which were made in the last month my connection is even worse ,

Please see below some tests which i've done ,

Any help would be appreciated ,

WIFI (4 meters away from the hub ,another room) 

Brezaecosmin_0-1643710519408.png

CABLE ( 4 meters away from the hub CAT6 cable 10m) 

Brezaecosmin_1-1643710649213.png

WIFI ( 1 m away from the hub )

Brezaecosmin_2-1643710764632.png

CABLE ( 1 m cable CAT8 )

Brezaecosmin_3-1643710904351.png

all test were made for a period of 10 minutes each , i getting the speed for which im paying for only in the hub room , although ive tested all rooms in my apartment there are no black spots the speed drops drastically if im leaving the hub room from 350 down to 40-50 mbs

Thank You!

Hi @Brezaecosmin thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry your issue is ongoing.  We cannot see the pictures you've posted sorry.  Can you confirm whether or not the wired connection is hitting the advertised speeds?

Regards

Lee_R