Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Email doesn't arrive from Epic Games

I'm trying to set up an Epic Games account, but their verification email never arrives.

Their support team say they have checked everything their end, and suggest the problem lies with Virgin (as my ISP).

I can receive other emails, including those from Epic's support team, without issue as far as I can tell.

Can anyone shed some light on the problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email doesn't arrive from Epic Games

Check the deleted items and spam folders for your email account.

For some reason ALL my epic games emails go straight to deleted items (using gmail). Even after manually setting up filters to say "never delete" and "move to inbox".

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Funkynutz, sign into webmail and check there are no unexpected Filter Rules to explain why some messages go directly to your Trash folder; select , Settings, ▸   Email, Filter Rules. If other email clients are involved check their equivalent filter rule setup.

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've checked all the filter rules/blacklisting etc. and none are in place, so no obvious reason why emails should go missing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Yearofthegoat,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I'm sorry that you've had difficulty receiving a particular email, we can certainly delve a bit deeper into this for you.

First of all, I appreciate that you've already checked your rules/filters but could you confirm whether your spam rule is set to move items into your spam folder or delete them altogether? If it's set to delete, you may find that it's being flagged as spam and removed before you have the chance to pick it up.

If you know the email address this verification should be coming from, it would be worth adding this to your safe sender list (if you haven't already, of course).

In your discussions with Epic Games support, have they indicated that the email is bounced back to their system? If we have rejected the email, they should have received a notification to advise this which would have further useful information.

Thanks,

Rachael

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael, thanks for responding.

There's no option to delete spam mail - the options are 'Reject All SPAM messages', 'Move message to Spam folder', 'Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to Inbox', and 'Turn off all SPAM filtering'.

I have 'Move message to Spam folder' selected.

There is no option for adding to a Safe Sender list (there is one for 'Blacklist sender', however).

I have added help@epicgames.com to my address book.

I do get other email from them, just not the activation one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Epic is probably doing what epic is good at, screwing up, whats the betting the verification email is just a text email with a link in it rather than something that might actually get past spam filters, i mean i have control of my web servers spam filters and even with them disabled the password reset email i requested the other day never arrived

Its what i've come to expect as standard service from epic these days lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@shanematthews wrote:

Epic is probably doing what epic is good at, screwing up, whats the betting the verification email is just a text email with a link in it rather than something that might actually get past spam filters, i mean i have control of my web servers spam filters and even with them disabled the password reset email i requested the other day never arrived

Nothing wrong with their service at all, just seems a lot of people are jumping on the hate the publisher/developer bandwagon that has been going on for the last few years.
Most of the time when I ask people why they hate a Publisher or Developer they never have a definite answer.

In your instance why is it Epic's fault? Before the mail comes to you it has to go through a couple of processes, what if it is being blocked by mistake during that? Is that really Epic's fault?

Have you tried asking them to set your email to something else like a gmail account and to try the password reset again? Because I did it a minute ago and it came through no problem at all, and that was with my vm email addy.

Might be worth asking them to change your email if possible or to get the password reminder in another way or to change your password some other way too.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@DABhand wrote:

@shanematthews wrote:

Nothing wrong with their service at all, just seems a lot of people are jumping on the hate the publisher/developer bandwagon that has been going on for the last few years.
Most of the time when I ask people why they hate a Publisher or Developer they never have a definite answer.

In your instance why is it Epic's fault? Before the mail comes to you it has to go through a couple of processes, what if it is being blocked by mistake during that? Is that really Epic's fault?

Have you tried asking them to set your email to something else like a gmail account and to try the password reset again? Because I did it a minute ago and it came through no problem at all, and that was with my vm email addy.

Might be worth asking them to change your email if possible or to get the password reminder in another way or to change your password some other way too.

Well its getting eaten by something that is outside of my sphere of influence, the automatic spam settings are set pretty low and i have no issues getting password reset emails from literally anyone else, and why would i downgrade my email service to use gmail? i'm not setting up an account just for epic when they should be used to not making emails that look like spam

As for my dislike of epic, pretty simple, the EGS, at this point they are "trying" to strong-arm people in to using an inferior platform they have no intention of improving, they are burning money like it were paper at a bonfire party inside a paper storage warehouse, they are fragmenting peoples games libraries all the while hoping to force enough people to use the EGS so they can make bold claims in the hopes that valve decide to match their unsustainable revenue split so epic can just migrate everything to steam before their cash cow dies and they end up leaking money like an oil tanker where the front fell off of it, epic has a history of abandoning projects fairly trivially and they have demonstrated on numerous occasions that they have no idea what they are doing and that they are entirely out of touch with reality, all fairly sane reasons for hating on epic really

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please can you argue about how good or otherwise Epic Games is on a different thread?

I don't need a password reset email.

I have tried other email addresses.

What I need is a VM tech to tell me if they're actively blocking any email from Epic Games. Epic tell me everything's fine their end.