Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnections from Blizzard games

@Emmurder wrote:

Here you go. How would I go about getting this sorted? Do I need to contact Virgin again?

(I tried uploading the pics directly but it wouldn't work so I've had to use imgur)

Ill escalate for staff to get a look for you

@ModTeam 

Can someone take a look- upstream looks out of kilter

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emmurder,

Thanks for posting, apologies for the connectivity issues you're having with our internet services.

We will need to take a closer look at this for you. I will pop you over a private message, click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

When I click the purple envelope I have no messages there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emmurder,

I'm not sure what happened with the Private Message from my colleague, however I'll send you one and let us know if you still can't view your Private Messages.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emmurder,

Did this ever got solved for you?

I had similar as you. I've checked about every solutions, read numerous forum topics on both Virgin and Technical help Blizzard. Did the whole tango dance of tests, mtr, ping, router, trace, flush, renew, put router in modem mode, up, down, sideways streams you turning me ...

My internet works fine for everything else just doesn't jell well with Blizzard games. Though everything points out in the direction of Virgin. It's also a bit vexxing that the same routine questions are asked each time and have never ever lead to any proven solutions. But they keep asking the same questions. 

I'm moving house soon and definitely taking another provider just to see if it makes any difference.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The issue has been greatly improved, although not altogether disappeared. As my upstream was on the high end I received a new superhub (which I apparently should’ve had ages ago). 

Ive went from having a disconnection at least every hour to maybe having 1 or 2 in the peak times (so from about 5pm until 9). 

Honestly, I’ll take it at this point. As no other provider can even nearly match the speeds that Virgin Media do, so unless I want to take a download speed hit it’ll have to do! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm that's still 2 disconnects in 4hours, can't really have that mid pull if you're a healer.  Don't get me wrong I really want it to improve for you! There should be none. 

Thanks for replying Emmurder. Also I know that some days it can be better than others, I'd be keen to know if it really did improve. As I have days when it just disconnects once or twice over the time frame of 4hours. And other days when it's a lot more. That's part of the issue it's very irregular. 

Anyway I do hope the improvement stays for you, or better yet gets even better. But if you please can post in a couple days if it stayed that be peachy. And only if you have time of course.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos