cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant packet burst on CoD Warzone and Vanguard ps4/ps5

parr86lid2
Dialled in

I've been having constant packet burst when playing Warzone and Vanguard on ps5 and sometimes extrapolation and latency variation (I have no idea what these are but know they are not good for gaming)

I think the earliest this has been going on for is around 4 years ago now since Black ops 4 on ps4 but didn't know what the coloured squares meant.

I had high utilisation last year and this is nowhere near as bad as that but it is far from a smooth gaming experience.

If there is any additional information I can provide, then please let me know

Thanks

28 REPLIES 28

parr86lid2
Dialled in
I forgot to mention that I'm using the superhub 3 in router mode and a wired connection

Thanks for the details posted parr86lid2

Sorry though to read about the packet burst whilst you are gaming 

Does this happen on any other games apart from the ones you mentioned 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

I only play call of duty for online shooters so can't really confirm otherwise 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us  @parr86lid2

No worries at all, how have things been since posting? 

Are you still experiencing packet bursts? 

How does the service perform elsewhere? Do you find this is only an issue when gaming? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

Yes, I am still experiencing packet bursts whilst gaming in the evenings and even if I'm on in the afternoon.

My service is okay when I'm browsing the web or watching Netflix. 

The problem seems to coincide with when I upgraded to 200mb and installed the superhub 3.

Another thing is when I had my broadband installed many years ago, I wanted it installed in the back bedroom, so I have an external wire going down the side of the property and around the rear. 

Could the wiring be affected by the weather after so many years?

I'm curious if you can tell me what packet burst actually is?

Also, what is latency variation and extrapolation?

Thanks

Thank you for keeping us updated on this. From what you have advised it looks as though the issue is just when gaming on Call of Duty (Please correct me if that is incorrect).

The weather shouldn't affect the connection, unless the wiring inside the cable is exposed. 

With regards to the packet burst you have mentioned. Looking online with Call of Duty games. It is recommended to turn off 'Off On-Demand Texture Streaming'. We cannot guarantee this will resolve the packet burst completely. But please do let us know if you're able to turn that off and then reboot the game to see if that helps?

I have also locate your account and check out your levels on our side and it is showing that a technician is require to investigate the levels. 

What I will do is private message you to pass data protection and then we can get the engineer booked in.

^Martin

Hi

I have turned the texture streaming off a few days ago and although it does seem better, it isn't completely gone.

I have more  than 20 different people in friends who I actually play call of duty with and none of them have ever had packet burst or any other connection issues i have had

So why am i getting this?

I'll get to that private message shortly

I have noticed on my BQM that the latency wasn't spiking as much last night as it has been recently which could be the reason why my packet burst wasn't as frequent?

Hi parr86lid2,

Thank you for keeping me updated. 

Please let me know how the engineer visit goes.

^Martin