Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect to Riot games servers

Hi,

I've been having issues getting league of legends to start when I'm on my Virgin Media connection.  I can get things up and running fine when I'm hotspotting onto the phone, but can't get past the update server check when I'm on wifi.

Is something up with the DNS?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to Riot games servers

p.s. It looks like it's not just the update server.

If I change connections within the client back to my VM wifi connection, it thinks I'm offline.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It looks like there is partly an issue with Cloudflare that is blocking access to sites under it's protection with a security check. And because the updater just sends a request without caring about a response page, it falls over and dies.

Anyone happen to know the URL/domain for the riot games updater?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi momentai, thanks for your post.

Sorry to her you've encountered this problem. I've run some checks from here and can't identify any obvious issues.

May I ask how you're set up at the moment, is the hub in modem or router mode - is there any 3rd party equipment involved?

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom_F

I have the hub in modem mode and am using an ASUS RT-AC3200 router for my devices. I've tried restarting the router, and changing DNS settings to see if that helps (it hasn't so far).

Besides phones, there are only 2 laptops that connect to the router regularly, and I've ran anti-virus checks on both, but all our devices are being challenged.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming. 

I have encountered this issue with Asus routers previously. I don't like to pass the buck but I have a suspicion the problem may lie there.

Can you try without the router connected (just run the hub in router mode temporarily) and let us know if that's successful or not?

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

I had given that a go and he issue still persisted. However, it seems like it's gone away now(?!), maybe a caching/refresh timing issue at cloudflare's end?

Cheers for the help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it seems better. We understand these things can be intermittent though so don't hesitate to give us another shout if you encounter any more problems.

Tom 

0 Kudos