Menu
sku11meister
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Call of duty Black op's Coldwar

Firstly .. WHY GIVE A GAME SUCH A LONG WINDED TITLE?? Blllluuugh!!!

Issue is .. on windows Pc, (lets call it black op's) Black ops will not load! i keep getting some error and says that the servers may be under maintenance?? 

The ONLY way i can get this game to work is to have a VPN????

This apparently is acute to Virgn Media pc players?? my question is WHY DO I NEED A VPN TO PLAY A PREMIMIUM GAME??

i am not an expert on VPNS (by the way im using London U.K).. makes NO SENSE!! anyone able to advise or tell me why??

** ++ Superhub 3 (Modem Mode) - Vivid500 - Unifi USG - Unifi Access Points - HP Procurve 24 managed switch - Netgear GS108 Switches - FTP and Plex Servers - NAS Drives ++ **
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call of duty Black op's Coldwar

normally you can;t reach the server. Often due to peering or routing problems.
But without the server address, thats going to be impossible to try and prove
0 Kudos
sku11meister
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ok, so how do i play the game normally without having to load a vpn and reduce my bandwidth to stupidly low speeds just to play the game??

** ++ Superhub 3 (Modem Mode) - Vivid500 - Unifi USG - Unifi Access Points - HP Procurve 24 managed switch - Netgear GS108 Switches - FTP and Plex Servers - NAS Drives ++ **
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon sku11meister,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm sorry to see you've been struggling to play Call of Duty Black Ops Coldwar

Have you been able to find a suitable work around since your post to play the game without a VPN or have you reverted to using a VPN to support game play?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
sku11meister
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

No i have not found a solution. I am forced to use a VPN just to play this game still. 

I have forwarded all the ports to my i.p and have wasted many hours scouring forums for a solution. This is the only game i own that has this issue, and from what i have found online many people are suffering with this error.

I have tried restarting my entire network as well as setting my ip as a DMZ, which again had no effect. 

the ports are for PC 

1. TCP: 3074,27014-27050
  2. UDP: 3074,3478,4379-4380,27000-27031,27036

Again, forwarding these ports has no effect. I am only connecting to a VPN in London as well?? just very very weird!

if you can advise it would be appreciated as now im paying for a VPN i dont want or normally need which is costing me   

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @sku11meister

thanks for reporting back to us, are you still having these issues now? 

I do know that there was an issue with this particular game in the UK,  so if this issue persists then please contact the games company to get this looked into for you. 

Many thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sku11meister
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Yes I am still having these issues. I have tried tech support for blizzard and they pass the back to activision. Ive tried contacting activision but they are totally useless and annoying! There is no easy way to get support from them! I thought i would ask here as ive been told its a virgin issue, players on other ISP's dont have this issue apparently??

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble contacting and getting support from the game's company. 

I understand it is frustrating but I would say to persevere with contacting Activision as there isn't really anything we can advise I'm afraid. 

Good luck going forward. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos